BFT # 19 Sign-Up Thread

Dmitry

Will be away from home until mid-November. Gave the disc a quick first hearing this morning. This is a beautiful disc. I know three of the 10 tracks (5, 6 and 8), all long favorites. It's very nice that track 8 was included. The album has long been out of circulation. Many listeners will have a chance to hear this one for the first time!

Great compilation! Love it!

I just wanted to explain my absence from the discussion thread. brownie was kind enough to send me a copy, Paris to Paris, but I still haven't got it. I'm pretty sure this is because the concierge of our building, who distributes the mail, is a scatterbrained alcoholic (bless her heart) who has delegated mail distribution to an illiterate. She went on holidays and has been replaced for a week or two by a woman who claims to be able to read but whom I strongly suspect is actually illiterate. I asked her if I had received any packages (the blindfold isn't the only one suspiciously late to arrive); she had a friend on hand who looked through the mail and found nothing. "Maybe it's over there on the windowsill," said the friend. Sure enough, stacks of mail on the windowsill, but not my packages. "Why is there mail on the windowsill?" I asked. "Oh, that's nothing," replied the replacement. "Wait a minute," said the friend, "Before she left she said something about some packages. But where could they be?" A minute or two of flustered, inefficient searching. "She'll be back on Monday. Maybe she knows where they are." So hopefully I'll have the BFT in hand on Monday... :wacko:

Tom, very sorry to hear this! And too bad that the streetdoor to your building was closed when I dropped by two weeks ago for a person-to-person delivery. Would have loved to meet the characters inhabiting the streetlevel lodgings!

Will give a good listen to BFT19 this weekend and ready to loan you my copy when I'll be done.