O'Reilly Hit With Sex Harass Suit

Guest ariceffron

EVEN IN MY BOOKS ON THE HISTORY OF PUBLIC OPINION IT TALKS ABOUT HOW O'REILY IS A SEX PERVERT AND TREATS WOMEN POORLY. ONCE HE MADE A SENIOR WOMAN STAFFER BRING HIM TOAST AND WHEN SHE REFUSED HE SLAPPED HER ON THE ASS AND PROCLAIMED THERE IS AN INCREDIBLE "TOAST SITUATION"

I wonder if the woman has O'Reilly on audiotape? Those quotes have an authentic ring to them, and I note that O'Reilly has steered aware from absolutely denying he said some of this stuff.

I wonder if O'Reilly talks to Ann Coulter that way? :P

I don't think there's any doubt that this woman recorded O'Reilly. How else do you include such lenghthy, verbatim quotes in your suit?

I think Bill's in deep shit.

I just finished reading the whole complaint. Whew! O'Reilly is - well - completely fucked. I mean, he's not going to just settle out of court and let this die down. He'll try and fight it and it'll drag out, each sordid detail getting full media exposure until his career is dead.

Hopefully, this and Tucker Carlson's roasting at the hands of Jon Stewart spell a sea change in terms of these angry conservative pundits. Hopefully their time is ending and we won't have to listen to their shit anymore...

I just finished reading the whole complaint. Whew! O'Reilly is - well - completely fucked. I mean, he's not going to just settle out of court and let this die down. He'll try and fight it and it'll drag out, each sordid detail getting full media exposure until his career is dead.

Hopefully, this and Tucker Carlson's roasting at the hands of Jon Stewart spell a sea change in terms of these angry conservative pundits. Hopefully their time is ending and we won't have to listen to their shit anymore...

:tup:tup:tup

there you go again, dragging politics into the non-political forum. what does Tucker Carlson have to do with O'Reilly's lawsuit?? :wacko:

I just finished reading the whole complaint.  Whew!  O'Reilly is - well - completely fucked.  I mean, he's not going to just settle out of court and let this die down.  He'll try and fight it and it'll drag out, each sordid detail getting full media exposure until his career is dead. 

Hopefully, this and Tucker Carlson's roasting at the hands of Jon Stewart spell a sea change in terms of these angry conservative pundits.  Hopefully their time is ending and we won't have to listen to their shit anymore...

there you go again, dragging politics into the non-political forum. what does Tucker Carlson have to do with O'Reilly's lawsuit?? :wacko:

The Angry Conservative Pundit (hereafter referred to as the ACP) got a new lease on life under Bill Clinton. For nearly eight long years we had to listen to O'Reilly and his ilk (including Carlson, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, etc) jump up and down screaming about how Bill Clinton was leading us down the rough road to ruin. With the election of GWB, the ACPs became even more unbearable. Their smug gloating beating out even their shrill bleating as offensive noise. 9/11 added a new wrinkle: Now we were at war, and the ACPs could lord their righteousness over the rest of us. O'Reilly's sexual harassment suit might only be symptomatic of a larger chink in the ACP's cultural armor: Their self-righteousness masks their weakness. O'Reilly turns out to be a smarmy onanist. Tucker Carlson's drubbing by Jon Stewart reveals his weakness as well: he can't stand up to a reasonable argument. So I'm saying that hopefully these two events (along with Rush Limbaugh's drug problems) signal the beginning of the end for the ACPs. They've been on top for over 10 years now, and now they're beginning their descent.

In other words, everything is political.

Fox has now fired O'Reilly's accuser. Nice move, Fox! :blink::wacko::tdown

Fox moves to fire accuser

Tells judge it's not retaliation

BY ADAM NICHOLS

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Scandal-hit Fox News moved yesterday to fire an employee who says she was sexually harassed by Bill O'Reilly - but wants a judge to declare the canning isn't retribution.

Andrea Mackris, 33, said she was served legal papers about her termination by a man lying in wait for her at her Manhattan apartment building.

The documents said Fox had asked a judge to let the TV station dump her from a $93,200-a-year job as associate producer on "The O'Reilly Factor" - and to rule that the firing was not in retaliation for her accusations about the show's host.

Mackris sued O'Reilly and Fox News on Wednesday, saying her boss had made "disgusting" phone calls to her. O'Reilly sued Mackris the same day, alleging extortion.

"I was walking into my apartment and there was a man hiding inside my building," Mackris told CNN's Anderson Cooper last night.

"I don't have a doorman. He had somehow got into my building and he was hiding behind my stairwell. He said, 'Oh, you're her.' He hit me in the chest with the papers and said, 'You're served.'"

"They're threatening me. They're frightening me," Mackris said. "Yes, I'm rattled, but I'm really strong."

Mackris' lawyer Benedict Morelli also was served with the papers.

He said, "They want the right to fire my client and for a court to find that firing nondiscriminatory.

"They will never get that right. They sued their own employee. Have you ever heard of anyone suing their own employee? Can you believe that?

"It'll be considered next week, but there is no way I'll let it happen."

Mackris claims O'Reilly, a best-selling author and writer, started making sexual comments to her back in 2001. She said they escalated after she returned to Fox News after a short stint at CNN this year.

She claims his remarks included telling her to use a vibrator, tales about his sexual conquests and his "amazing" endowment, and three phone sex calls in which he told of fantasies involving her.

In their countersuit, O'Reilly and Fox News say Mackris and her lawyer tried to extort $60 million in return for her dropping the harassment case.

O'Reilly has said he has been instructed not to speak about the issue. His lawyers did not return phone calls yesterday.

Originally published on October 16, 2004

Just when you think a network can't go any lower... they find a new level of scum to suck up.

I just finished reading the whole complaint.  Whew!  O'Reilly is - well - completely fucked.  I mean, he's not going to just settle out of court and let this die down.  He'll try and fight it and it'll drag out, each sordid detail getting full media exposure until his career is dead. 

If she (they) were asking $60 million, it might of been pretty hard to settle.

How much do you think he should pay?

Kobe supposedly can settle for less than $1 million, yet his case is still going on. And he's accused of rape.

Should Bill's gal get more than $1 million?

Isn't Kobe richer than Bill O'Reilly?

Did Paula Jones finally settle? Didn't she get some money?

Edited by Tjazz

If she (they) were asking $60 million, it might of been pretty hard to settle.

How much do you think he should pay?

Kobe supposedly can settle for less than $1 million, yet his case is still going on. And he's accused of rape.

Should Bill's gal get more than $1 million?

Isn't Kobe richer than Bill O'Reilly?

Did Paula Jones finally settle? Didn't she get some money?

Based on her salary and potential loss of income, I'd say $1 to $1.5 million should do the trick. That's if she has got good audiotape of him. If her evidence is iffy, scale it back to $250-500,000.