OFFICAL OJC TRADING ZONE

Guest ariceffron

Guest ariceffron

SINCE THEY HAVE SCREWED US LET US START, ON A WEBSITE PERHAPS, THIS ONE AT FIRST AND THEN ITS OWN SITE-- LETS START AN OJC TRADING ZONE, SO FANS CAN TRADE OJC THEY HAVE. ***ONLY OJCS*** SINCE THEY HAVE SCREWED US LET US ENABLE OTHERS TO HEAR THEM ANYWAY, BY SWAPPING CDRS OF OJCS. FOR EXAMPLE LETS SAY I'M LISTENING TO MUSIC 4 LIGHTHOUSEKEEPING AND JSSGCRTY'S LISTINGEING TO A. PREV AND FRIENDS/MY FAIR LADY. WE COPY THEM ON CDRS AND MAIL THEM TO EACH OTHER.

Why don't you take out a big ad on a billboard in Times Square announcing the opening of a new site dedicated to mass copyright infringement? I mean, you want to screw them, you gotta do big numbers to really screw 'em. Plus, don't you want them to know they screwed us so we're screwing them?

Just one thing: I nominate YOU to host the website.

Why don't you take out a big ad on a billboard in Times Square announcing the opening of a new site dedicated to mass copyright infringement?

Forgive Aric, he cannot know this, he's just a law student :P

I don't see any reason to boycott/sanction Fantasy, since we don't know what the new owner plans to do with the catalogue.

SINCE THEY HAVE SCREWED US ....................

And how do we know this? They haven't screwed anyone yet, have they? Someone was willing to shell out some pretty big bucks for a catalog of music, much of which is arguably getting ready to lose its copyright protection in Europe soon. I don't think they would do so with the intent of letting this music die.......

Maybe a little optimism is in order here!

Guest ariceffron

copywright infringment of dead artists is a law which i will try and alter when i go into the field of law. im not saying anyone should be able to press cds--- but they should be freely traded. i would be interested in how many of you have cdrs of jazz lps who also disagreed w/ my idea. i bet a percentage of you do. trust me, if i wanted to start this up id get enough people. its a good idea, as it will increase the avaiability of these cds once they are no longer available

its a good idea, as it will increase the avaiability of these cds once they are no longer available

I swear, I've read some of the best posts ever on the board today.

Ensuring that no label will ever reissue albums by a deceased artist on cd is a great idea!

Well reasoned, logical arguments such as this lead to only one conclusion: you've got quite the future in law ahead of you.

Concord Records, Inc. has announced (12/1) its acquisition of Fantasy; the two companies have been merged into a new entity called the Concord Music Group, Inc.

During the lengthy negotiations this summer and fall, longtime Fantasy president Ralph Kaffel has noted, "we got to know the principals and key employees of Concord quite well, which reaffirmed the correctness of our initial judgment that Concord is the proper home for our catalogs. Having spent fifty years in the record business, 33 of them at Fantasy building up the catalogs, my primary concern--as well as that of the other principals--was that the acquiring entity should have the proper understanding and respect for the treasure that we are turning over to them, and be willing to perpetuate the historical legacy these catalogs represent. With Norman Lear, Hal Gaba, Glen Barros, and all the other talented people now at the helm of the Concord Music Group, my colleagues and I are convinced the Fantasy catalog is in very good hands."

Crap. We're screwed. ;)

Edit: read more, including the post this was copied and pasted from, here.

Edited by sjarrell

copywright infringment of dead artists is a law which i will try and alter when i go into the field of law.

Think it through, Aric -- you can't really mean you want to keep income out of the hands of widows and orphans, can you?

I'm not being melodramatic or far-fetched here -- I literally personally know two widows (of recently deceased musicians) in their forties with children under the age of 5 to support...