Andrew Hill Select now on the Mosaic Website!!!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: I am very very surprised that the set arrived today!

I was too. Never thought I'd see it before early next week.

Lots of work to do around the house tomorrow, getting ready for a pot-luck dinner we're hosting in two weeks. The first floor of our house is half a disaster, so we've got to knock things into shape, hopefully mostly this weekend (my wife has Monday off for Presidents' Day).

I'm sure I'll be spinning the Hill Select a bunch of times between now and then -- (or as much as my wife can stand :ph34r: ), which probably means discs #1 & #2 only, since #3 is quite a bit more "out" than the other two.

Well, I was bummed about coming to work -- we do about 90% of work for government agencies, so there is really not much I can accomplish today. However, I had a suspicion that the Mosaic order would show up today, and I was right!!!

Goodness - I have set 1420. I thought I had my pre-order in fairly quickly. I know the numbers are a bit scrambled but still ... I'd like to find out if this is the fastest selling Select (I'm guessing Moncur also did well, though many long-time collectors would have had the material, unlike me).

I'll post some thoughts on the music in the other thread.

I'm doubly psyched, since I ordered the Mulligan Concert Band, which also looks great.

So much music, so little time...

Actually, I am looking at some "life changes" and I think this will be the last big Mosaic order for some time, though I will probably request the Pepper Select for my birthday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

By the way, I started a new, separate thread to discuss the music.

Link: Andrew Hill Select "Talk About the Music" thread!!, step right up - tell us what you think!!

Those of you/us who get the set and want to talk about the music, please do so there.

This thread's got tons of "are we there yet?? - are we there yet??!!!  :excited: " type posts (I know, I posted them too ^_^ ), that I think it's best to start with a clean slate.

Don't forget the other thread I started, where the real discussion of the music be happenin'.

Anybody mind if I ask Jim to lock this thread?? (meaning this "speculation" thread) :unsure:

Edited by Rooster_Ties