Dixie Chicks - 'Good or Bad?'

Guest che

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was more up on the alt-country stuff.

One CD I have been enjoying is: The Sadies - Favorite Colours

In places they sound like Clarence White era Byrds. :tup

There is a great deal of radical country music out there,

Che

In places they sound like Clarence White era Byrds.  :tup

Che

There is a new country movement, it is hard to access, since 'Nashvile' is the official face of 'country music'.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why so many people got upset with the chicks?

Che.

In places they sound like Clarence White era Byrds.  :tup

Che

There is a new country movement, it is hard to access, since 'Nashvile' is the official face of 'country music'.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why so many people got upset with the chicks?

Che.

It's funny... I'd actually consider myself to be part of it.

I haven't recorded in a long time, but I've been making cosmic cowboy music for many years. I play lap steel and I'm a b-bender maniac on my Telecaster.

When I had my music at home, we had my wife's country section and my country section. There was NO overlap. :lol:

I really enjoy that "No Depression" magazine, but my budget for new music is small, so I can't explore as much as I'd like.

Last I heard they were on hiatus having kids. If they come off of hiatus they better find another musical home because with the exception of their hits they are deader than a doornail at country radio.

Last I've heard, they decided they are no longer a "country" act, and don't want to be referred to as one. No word yet on how they now characterize themselves.

And they are still big in country music. CMT still plays their videos all the time, and they're played on country stations, at least in the Northeast.

Last I heard they were on hiatus having kids. If they come off of hiatus they better find another musical home because with the exception of their hits they are deader than a doornail at country radio.

Last I've heard, they decided they are no longer a "country" act, and don't want to be referred to as one. No word yet on how they now characterize themselves.

And they are still big in country music. CMT still plays their videos all the time, and they're played on country stations, at least in the Northeast.

Like I said their hits are still being played at country music. After Natalie Maines remarks a lot of country stations dropped all of their music and only reinstated it over time. So the hits are back with most stations but I would have to say that the chances of the Dixie Chicks getting any significant airplay for any new music at country radio is nil. So I would say that finding a new home for their music at radio is really their only option.

The Dixie Chicks have antagonized the pro life,pro war crowd at country radio and a reconciliation appears out of the question. How can anybody be pro life and pro war at the same time-that defies all logic but that's a different subject. I thougt it took a lot of guts for Natalie Maines to speak out against the war knowing full well that the average country listener so eagerly embraces the war in Iraq and just about any other war that comes down the pike. Now the Chicks have to pay the bill and move on. I'm sure they'll do fine wherever they might land.

Like I said their hits are still being played at country music. After Natalie Maines remarks a lot of country stations dropped all of their music and only reinstated it over time. So the hits are back with most stations but I would have to say that the chances of the Dixie Chicks getting any significant airplay for any new music at country radio is nil. So I would say that finding a new home for their music at radio is really their only option.

The Dixie Chicks have antagonized the pro life,pro war crowd at country radio and a reconciliation appears out of the question. How can anybody be pro life and pro war at the same time-that defies all logic but that's a different subject. I thougt it took a lot of guts for Natalie Maines to speak out against the war knowing full well that the average country listener so eagerly embraces the war in Iraq and just about any other war that comes down the pike. Now the Chicks have to pay the bill and move on. I'm sure they'll do fine wherever they might land.

Good post and thanks for the comments.

Che.