Dixie Chicks - 'Good or Bad?'

Guest che

Hello Again.

I am a big fan of the Dixie Chicks, well I only since they became involved in the fall-out from the Iraq war.

So how good are they? Just another bunch of 'Gals from the South' or a major contribution to Country Muisc?

Any thoughts?

Che.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard anything by them. I know of them, but I find myself very bias with music. I guess they have a purpose.

Well they sound great.

And of course since they sang the song 'Travelin Soldier' they have become much more interesting to many people.

Che.

Neverthenonetheless, although Natalie is a bit, ahem, "shrill", the hit they took from the "Country Establishment" over the Bush thing was just plain bullshit.

I hate having to come to the defense of those I don't really care for, but life's a bitch, and then you die, right? Consider the alternative...

Edited by JSngry

Thread topic question was "good or bad?"

Bad. Very, very bad. Or maybe more accurately, boring. Very boring

Well some would say this is the stae of country music in general, 'bad' and one that appeals to a select few that have no musical taste ;)

Che.

So could you say something more that 'Bad or Good' ?

Che.

I don't know, could you ASK something more than "Bad or Good"? :)

Fre.

How about "I don't like their music in particular or that genre in general." You obviously like them a lot, and that's great, but I hope you didn't come here (of all places) expecting everyone to agree with you. I do like other kinds of music than jazz, but I really don't like the Dixie Chicks. :g

Edited by Free For All

I like country music, and watch CMT regularly (that is, until Cablevision recently took CMT off the lineup...DirecTV, here we come!). Natalie is a very good singer, and has great vocal chops. But I don't much like their outlook. It's not just that I'm pro-Bush. Have you heard their song, "Goodbye Earl"? Earl's a bad husband, so his wife is justified in killing him. It's a happy song! What an obnoxious outlook! So I don't care much for them, and change the channel when one of their videos comes on.