10 Worst album covers

scottb

I actually remember the Millie Jackson LP. I lived in Dallas at the time and she was/is a DJ there.

Millie broadcasts from Georgia, I think it is (might even be from her house!) , but her show is heard only in Dallas, on Soul 73, KKDA-AM, 730 on your dial. Anybody who's in the area and digs old-school Soul music is advised to tune in to this station and enjoy the ride.

Some people might lauch at her album covers, but back in the day, she was a great singer!

I actually remember the Millie Jackson LP.  I lived in Dallas at the time and she was/is a DJ there.

Millie broadcasts from Georgia, I think it is (might even be from her house!) , but her show is heard only in Dallas, on Soul 73, KKDA-AM, 730 on your dial. Anybody who's in the area and digs old-school Soul music is advised to tune in to this station and enjoy the ride.

Some people might lauch at her album covers, but back in the day, she was a great singer!

I didn't realize she was broadcasting from Georgia. KKDA always has the coolest soul singer djs....Johnnie Taylor anyone?

Trivia: that Jim Post guy (number 1 one on the second list), was half of "Friend&Lover" who wrote and sang "Reach Out in the Darkness" ("I think it's so groovy now, that people are finally gettin' together...")

Did anyone else follow the links to read about Jim Post's grandson announcing to the whole family at Thanksgiving dinner that Gramps had won #1 worst alburm cover?! And Gramps's response?!

:lol::tup

Edited by maren

Trivia: that Jim Post guy (number 1 one on the second list), was half of "Friend&Lover" who wrote and sang "Reach Out in the Darkness" ("I think it's so groovy now, that people are finally gettin' together...")

Did anyone else follow the links to read about Jim Post's grandson announcing to the whole family at Thanksgiving dinner that Gramps had won #1 worst alburm cover?! And Gramps's response?!

:lol::lol::lol:

That's great! Thanks for posting that Maren!

I actually remember the Millie Jackson LP.  I lived in Dallas at the time and she was/is a DJ there.

'Hurts So Good', one of my favourite soul songs :)

What a voice, but terrible covers. Wasn't there one where she was sat on the toilet?

Never attractive (to me).

Those reviews were hilarious. My wife thinks I've just wet myself :g

Oh geez, a contender for Worst Album Cover Ever AND Worst Song Ever!

Some guys have all the luck.

I did read that. :g

And I also noticed, just now, that Jim is flippin' us the bird in that shot!

Hey Mark; that one in the lower right with the woman gazing fondly downward...does that title really say "Organ Fascination"???? :lol::lol::lol:

Well, could be perfectly innocent; B3-er could be stood in front of her saying "Hey baby, check this one out" :w