What Are You Watching

... not to mention Family Ties, Growing Pains, Full House, Boy Meets World, Save By the Bell, Home Improvement, that one with Jessica Biel (Seventh Heaven?) etc... based on TV shows, i always wondered if it was the norm for kids in the USA to have these massive bedrooms, literally packed with wall to wall posters, toys, computers, musical instruments, sound systems etc...

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Strain

Total crap but done with enough style to keep me watching for now.

The kid in the bath scene was a WTF rating of 10.

Is it "total crap" because it's poorly done, or because it's a horror series? I'm planning on checking it out but will probably wait until it completes so I can watch the whole season together in one shot.

Edited by Shawn

No, I was too hasty. It has a freaky panache that I found interesting and watchable.

At first I thought it was yet another vampire/zombie yarn and I immediately switched to hard bitten cynic mode.

Given a bit more time it could well turn into something properly scary. I never bought into Walking Dead but this has more potential for freaky horror.

Edited by kinuta

"Black Box" from 7/10 (I have a lot of things on my DVR due to my 16 days of vacation!) Man, Dr. Black really does remind me of my gal (who I just spent a wonderful three day weekend with).

This week I hope to catch up on "Longmire" and "The Bridge." And maybe try "The Strain."

No, I was too hasty. It has a freaky panache that I found interesting and watchable.

At first I thought it was yet another vampire/zombie yarn and I immediately switched to hard bitten cynic mode.

Given a bit more time it could well turn into something properly scary. I never bought into Walking Dead but this has more potential for freaky horror.

Cool, thanks for the elaboration.

The Assets

Excellent stuff and the best of it's kind since the similarily neglected Rubicon. The predominantly British cast are first rate and the focus on the investigative team's search for Ames is absorbing and compelling.

ABC should hang their corporate heads in disgrace for the way they have botched the showing of this great mini series.

I agree, I have the two episodes aired Saturday yet to watch, nice series. Poor Rubicon! They haven't even released it on disc, which is a big shame, I want to watch that again.

I got caught up on The Bridge, Falling Skies and Halt and Catch Fire. "Okay" tv.

I thought I was the only person to never watch an episode of Friends

You can add me to that list, I've seen a few clips here and there but purposely avoided seeing a full episode. I hated the male cast members so much I wouldn't watch that show if my life depended on it.

The Honourable Woman

Excellent, almost prescient, the last two episodes have put things into much needed focus.

I thought I was the only person to never watch an episode of Friends

You can add me to that list, I've seen a few clips here and there but purposely avoided seeing a full episode. I hated the male cast members so much I wouldn't watch that show if my life depended on it.

I'll second that.

Friends: Season 3. :beee::beee: It has, what I think is the quintessential Friends episode The One Where No One's Ready, which is one of my favorites. I never liked the Ross & Rachael combination, for me, they were just lame. I think that the Joey / Chandler team is one the funniest comedy combinations ever, they play off each other in a unique manner -- very underrated.

Friends_Season_3_DVD.jpg

Friends: Season 3. :beee::beee: It has, what I think is the quintessential Friends episode The One Where No One's Ready, which is one of my favorites. I never liked the Ross & Rachael combination, for me, they were just lame. I think that the Joey / Chandler team is one the funniest comedy combinations ever, they play off each other in a unique manner -- very underrated.

Friends_Season_3_DVD.jpg

I went on the Warner Bros. studio tour a few months ago, they have the entire coffee shop set from this series preserved. They take people in and let them snap photos while seated on the couch.

Friends_Season_3_DVD.jpg

I went on the Warner Bros. studio tour a few months ago, they have the entire coffee shop set from this series preserved. They take people in and let them snap photos while seated on the couch.

Trashy Matthew would love that! :wub: