What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DVR'd the 'Wildcard' show of American Idol, which apparently ran over and we missed the final winner of the wildcard competition. :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or has anyone really cared about this season. Usually someone will start a thread on it (which I will not do :ph34r: ) and there's some favorites mentioned, but strangely, there's been no mention of it, since it started back in January. So what's the story?

DVR'd the 'Wildcard' show of American Idol, which apparently ran over and we missed the final winner of the wildcard competition. :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or has anyone really cared about this season. Usually someone will start a thread on it (which I will not do :ph34r: ) and there's some favorites mentioned, but strangely, there's been no mention of it, since it started back in January. So what's the story?

I haven't watched this season, or the one before. This was my late wife's favorite show, and I watched all the first six seasons with her, through thick and thin, she loved it so. Since she's been gone. . . I watched some and for a while felt close to her, but soon found I couldn't watch it without her for a number of reasons. . . .

...the river flow...

Actually, the ony thing that has caught my eye of late is a marvellous series on the BBC by Jeremy Paxman, an acerbic news broadcaster, renowned for not letting politicians off the hook. He's done one called 'The Victorians', a view of the 19thC seen through the paintings of the era. Apart from the interesting perspective, I love the way he sees the social history value of paintings that the art establishment just want to looks down its nose at.

News8_0.jpg

I love this movie. It's one of the few movies I have watched more than three times. The Blu-Ray has incredible picture and sound.

George Constaza's father favourite movie.

Watched a few episode of Futurama's season 4.

Two things Hypno Toad rules and the episode about Fry trying to clone his dog is as sad as you can get.

Edited by Van Basten II

News8_0.jpg

I love this movie. It's one of the few movies I have watched more than three times. The Blu-Ray has incredible picture and sound.

Damn but it's fun, ain't it?

(Although I'd hate to tell you how many movies I've seen more than three times. A movie worth watching is usually worth re-watching is one of my cinematic mottoes.)

Hey, if it's not worth watching at least twice, it wasn't worth watching once.

Generally, I agree.

Although I think there are some movies that are only worth watching once, just for a change of pace, or to remind you just how lousy a bad movie can get.

One more thing: As time goes on, I find that the number of times I've seen a movie means less and less as to how good I think it is. There are more and more mediocre films that I've seen 3, 4 or even more times. This doesn't mean I like them all that much more, just that I've lived longer. (Of course, the films that I really like I've seen more times than I can guesstimate.)

Edited by BruceH

Watched a bit of "Woodstock" on VH1 last night. CS&N were much better than I remembered. Ten Years After, much less-so. And everyone was layin' the groovyness on as thick as humanly possible. ... It was like they were all on acid or something. :blink:

I recently watched Woodstock. An amazing time in our history that will never be repeated. Also recommended on DVD: Festival Express

I've also been reading Tom Brokaw's book Boom!. Very interesting read.