Who's the worst

Who's the worst  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic- the Worst. Why rate the worst? Bad is bad. They all suck equally

I misnamed the title, imo. I shouldnt of wrote, 'the worst,' but who do you dislike more. Didn't mean for it to get out of hand. And personally, from all the attacks thrown at Kenny G here, I don't think what I said was as bad as what I heard. Whatever it may be, childish, stupid, it can't be changed.

Not only is it childish and stupid, it doesn't even make sense. I mean, it's Kenny G, pronounced "gee". Something like Kenny G-whiz or Kenny Geez would make sense, but gay is a totally different sounding word. Man... what are they teaching the kids in schools these days?

By the way, I'm choosing not to be gay right now. But the next post, watch out!

I love a parade.

Shoot me.

Guest Chaney

Delete this thread, apologize to each and every board member with a personalized PM, send each of us $20 and we'll never speak of this again.

Oh, and you're grounded!

remember, it is only PC to make fun of fat people, Christians, and Republicans on this board!

This does raise an interesting point, and this isn't the first time I've wondered about this kind of hypocrisy here on the board.

Being a Christian or a Republican is a choice people make. (I dunno about fatness.)

And many people are born into Christian or Republican families. As for being gay, one can choose to be gay, and one can be born gay. Either way, it doesn't make a difference. What is "PC" shouldn't have anything to do with these factors.

There's gotta be truth to this. Look at the disproportionately high number of gays and lesbians who suffered through some sort of sexual assault as children.

At that point, I'm not even saying that it's a conscious choice, but the flip side to that would be absolutely ridiculous to ponder: that more gay children get molested than straight children.

I'm not saying that there's not a large percentage of people who might be born gay, but to ridicule vibes for what's actually a pretty common sense remark is pretty silly.

I'm not denying that some people 'choose' to be gay in some sense of choice, because I neither know nor care about that. I think that, for the purposes of the PC question, it's irrelevant whether you'll find people who've come out gay after some kind of trauma. If the public perception is that some people are born gay (even if it lacks evidence: this is PC after all), one is more likely to put sexual preferences along with gender, race, disability, etc. in the list of things you're not supposed to poke fun at, and without hypocrisy.

But I must've been high on farts when I said that Christianity could be switched on and off, because I'm staring desperately at the toast and nothing's happening. I guess that's why I said 'in principle'.

I'm now officially done with that discussion on this thread, so if you want more (you don't), PM.

Still saddened Bolivia's not on the itinerary.

No. I just don't mean any harm, and this little shit just blows up in my face, and its not something I enjoy very much.

That's the way it goes with homophobic comments sometimes...darn planet!

Heck, when the CSI gang entered an assistant DA's home in LA last night, one of the technicians (Warrick) said: "anyone else's gaydar going off?". They really should reprimand the conservative republican writer that penned that line, huh? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's going great...in fact, for extra credit, I just asked the gay secretary who works next to me what he thinks. The verdict: not pejorative, gay people use it amongst themselves all the time, and have no problem when straight people use it.

p.s.: Anyone here want to take bets on whether Weizen or The Groper can ever respond to me without making mention of the fact that I live in Cambridge?

Edited by Big Wheel

Oh great! Well if he's still sitting there, say 'hi' from the gang on the board....and then ask him what he thinks about the transgender biz on the ever expanding banner: Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Transgender.." Are these the cross dressers or those who've had sex change operations? ...and why is this particular group now a part of the movement? I've also never understood why the bi-sexual crowd is in there? How can you be discriminated against if you swing both ways? I mean, when does it happen --- when you're playing the straight role, or the gay role....and who's checking? Are we talking occasional discrimination?

--- patiently awaiting the final verdict from Cambridge. B-)

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

I've also never understood why the bi-sexual crowd is in there? How can you be discriminated against if you swing both ways? I mean, when does it happen --- when you're playing the straight role, or the gay role. 50% of the time? Are we talking occasional discrimination?

:wacko: