which mitchell?

who is your favorite mitchell?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These days, I listen most often to Roscoe, but I have more recordings with Mitch Mitchell. However, Joni got my vote, because I really dug her early records ("Song To A Seagull" through "For The Roses") as they appeared, and those records still move me (nostalgia mostly, I suppose...), and the woman was and is fine. :wub::winky:

I'll vote for Billy Mitchell just 'cause I think he might not get a lot of votes.

When I first joined Woody's band in 1984 we went to Europe (my first trip overseas) and took with us Billy Mitchell, Bill Perkins, Sal Nistico and Zoot Sims :g . Billy was a last-minute sub for someone else- he did play with the Herd, but was not as well known as the others (as far as history with the band). At the time I was fairly naive as to how heavy these guys were- by the end of the trip I was EDUCATED! The cats was BLOWNIN'!!

..and I do like Joni Mitchell, I'm not afraid to say it!

Edited by Free For All

Billy Mitchell - The Colossus Of Detroit - 1978 Xanadu 158

A great, great recording.

Billy Mitchell ts

(Barry Harris p, Sam Jones b, Walter Bolden d)

Thanks for the heads-up on this, marcello. They have it available for download on eMusic, so I'll be putting that in my "Save for later" file, PRONTO! B-)