Byrd/Adams goes straight to "Last Chance"

Very funny, that strategy of holding sets back till everybody has the catalogue, no? I just got my catalogue that has the Byrd/Adams as "last chance"... glad I went online some time ago! Missed out on the Jimmy Smith set exactly like this - that was before I had any internet.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

so it's not the Dutch customs and or postal services.......I also get the Mosaic shipments after 7 or 8 weeks. Not acceptable imo. I'll check with MC if there's something they can do about this.

If they send them by airmail?

Surface does take that long! Although I ordered the Byrd/Adams by surface (and I think they also charged the surface price only), I got it within a week or 10 days!

Usually though I prefer waiting, since customs over here are much less keen on opening surface parcels, it seems.

• 1 month later...

Just won my first ever formal eBay auction w/ this box. Almost didn't make it. Had to wake up early in the morning to battle it out with seconds left. $83 for a opened Like New Byrd/Adams Mosaic (also my first ever Mosaic). :D

Looking forward to finally hearing it. :party: I'm going back to sleep now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Blue-Note-Don...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by trane_fanatic

Just won my first ever formal eBay auction w/ this box. Almost didn't make it. Had to wake up early in the morning to battle it out with seconds left. $83 for a opened Like New Byrd/Adams Mosaic (also my first ever Mosaic).  :D

Looking forward to finally hearing it.  :party:  I'm going back to sleep now.

Congratulations! :tup Looks like someone in my own hometown is selling it. You'll hear when you get it: it was worth getting up early for. :rolleyes:

Just won my first ever formal eBay auction w/ this box. Almost didn't make it. Had to wake up early in the morning to battle it out with seconds left. $83 for a opened Like New Byrd/Adams Mosaic (also my first ever Mosaic).  :D

Well done! Pleasant dreams!

Waow! Well done, this is a good price. You did well to grab it now. No doubt this one will sell for much more in a few months. I love this set! :wub:

Honestly, I'm often relieved when a set goes OOP. Frees up some mental real estate (not to mention potential $$) for other things.

Just a thought.

Yeah. Can't wait for the Tal Farlow set to go OOP for that very reason.

No need to pass on that one--an excellent set, by the way--when you can get a brand-new copy of the Universal-distributed version (identical to the one sold by Mosaic) from an Amazon Marketplace seller here (click on "used & new"), for less than half the cost if purchased from Mosaic.

Honestly, I'm often relieved when a set goes OOP. Frees up some mental real estate (not to mention potential $$) for other things.

Just a thought.

Yeah. Can't wait for the Tal Farlow set to go OOP for that very reason.

No need to pass on that one--an excellent set, by the way--when you can get a brand-new copy of the Universal-distributed version (identical to the one sold by Mosaic) from an Amazon Marketplace seller here (click on "used & new"), for less than half the cost if purchased from Mosaic.

That's quite a deal.

For $62.99 you can get it directly from Amazon, too.

What else is out there?

That's quite a deal.

What else is out there?

That's the only Mosaic deal of which I'm aware, and it's been around for months through several online retailers (including Tower and CD Universe). There was a great deal of discussion about it on the Board a few months ago, and quite a few Members took advantage of these deals (including me). Nobody in a position to know has yet explained why the Universal-distributed Farlow, unlike any other Mosaic, is so readily available at these heavily-discounted prices.

That's quite a deal.

What else is out there?

That's the only Mosaic deal of which I'm aware, and it's been around for months through several online retailers (including Tower and CD Universe). There was a great deal of discussion about it on the Board a few months ago, and quite a few Members took advantage of these deals (including me). Nobody in a position to know has yet explained why the Universal-distributed Farlow, unlike any other Mosaic, is so readily available at these heavily-discounted prices.

Interesting ... :blink:

It may be, but it sounds terrific. :tup Actually, apparently some copies obtained this way did have a brief sound defect at the beginning of one of the discs. Mine and many others didn't. So just make sure that you order it from a place that has plenty of copies in stock, in case you need a replacement set--unlike Mosaic, most other online retailers will not just replace a single disc, but will only replace the entire set.

Thanx guys!!! My Byrd/Adams set should be arriving Thurs. at the latest. Looking forward to breaking my Mosaic virginity and hearing this stuff for the 1st time.

That is interesting about the Farlow set. Wonder how many other ones Universal are going to distribute like that.

Several of the other large edition Verves (e.g., Basie), but none--other than Farlow--at such a discounted price, at least so far.

Thanx guys!!! My Byrd/Adams set should be arriving Thurs. at the latest. Looking forward to breaking my Mosaic virginity and hearing this stuff for the 1st time.

That is interesting about the Farlow set. Wonder how many other ones Universal are going to distribute like that.

Several of the other large edition Verves (e.g., Basie), but none--other than Farlow--at such a discounted price, at least so far.

I think the Farlow sets are discounted due to the misprinting on the spine (unless, of course, sets with the correct printing are also being discounted). This has been discussed elsewhere. In any case, the Farlow is worth whatever you pay for it. Excellent music.