Byrd/Adams goes straight to "Last Chance"

Yep, I'm also betting the Elvin is the next to go 'Running Low'.

Xmas may be a little late this year. Good thing my birthday's in late August.

Fortunately (and inexplicably) most of Elvin's Blue Notes are no longer available as single CDs. Otherwise, one must look to Japan, right?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year it was the Morgan/Shorter and Kelly/Chambers sets which sold out suddenly and quickly. In the past the same has happened for Ellington and Stuff Smith. The era of the leisurely countdown and waiting to pull the trigger is over! We are being given a lesson in life about hesitation... or at least I think we are, I'm not sure if I can to commit to that, ask me again next week, pros and cons, etc.

So why hasn't this set, 5 days after it went OOP, been enshrined in the sanctified "Mosaic Collections No Longer Available" list yet? Could it be some sort of Stalinist Mosaic plot to pretend that this set never even existed? :blink: Pepper Adams' mysterious absence from the cover takes on a whole new meaning. :ph34r: Definitely something to think about:

oliverstonesamericadvd.jpg

Now's the time to get that Jazztet set!  :ph34r:

Only after Caiman have listed the Euro-box :excited:

Don't they have it yet? I picked it up in a (local) discounter three or four weeks ago, for around 65 eurozlotys. Haven't started listening, but I'm looking forward a lot!

I'd say you got mighty lucky as there is no trace of this one otherwise going all budget on us

I'd say $150 and except for money reasons I don't know why people wait. Sets like Jazzet, Parlan, Byrd/Adams as soon as they're announced I'm placing an order. On these I don't wait. I love hardbop and if a set is coming out in that area, I'm getting it asap.

Set #3064 (according to the invoice anyway - it looks like "3694" inside the booklet!) arrived here finally!

I was starting to wonder about my order - first order from Mosaic - and after a little more than a week I finally emailed them and asked how long it normally took to ship. I got a response on Thursday that basically said "oops, sorry", and they promised they would ship I would have on Friday. Well lo and behold it DID arrive as promised. I guess they got a bit busy or something. Glad it's here anyway.

And the Mobley is here too. Set #4672 per the invoice, or "4E92" if I decipher the booklet as best I can. Someone could work on their penmanship... :g

Edited by Aggie87

So why hasn't this set, 5 days after it went OOP, been enshrined in the sanctified "Mosaic Collections No Longer Available" list yet?  Could it be some sort of Stalinist Mosaic plot to pretend that this set never even existed? :blink:  Pepper Adams' mysterious absence from the cover takes on a whole new meaning. :ph34r: Definitely something to think about:

Now ten days and counting. Hmmmmmm . . . . <_<

So why hasn't this set, 5 days after it went OOP, been enshrined in the sanctified "Mosaic Collections No Longer Available" list yet?  Could it be some sort of Stalinist Mosaic plot to pretend that this set never even existed? :blink:  Pepper Adams' mysterious absence from the cover takes on a whole new meaning. :ph34r: Definitely something to think about:

Now ten days and counting. Hmmmmmm . . . . <_<

Never mind. :g