Waiting for the Boogaloo Sisters... RELEASED!

Just pulled out "Waiting for the Boogaloo Sisters" for a listen. It's been quite a while. Just wanted to say what an amazing record this is. It sits comfortably right next to the stuff coming out of NYC from Yahel and Goldings, and just plain tops most everything else. This is a real group that has something to say together. Not to mention every player is a master of their instrument. :tup

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! Thanks Amigo!

P.S., When do we get to hear some of your stuff SoulStream?

Hey, I'm just glad I've got a drummer for tonight's gig! ;) I'd like to get something out (who wouldn't!), but right now I'm just trying to keep my head above water musically speaking. I think it's great you have a consistent group that has a vision and loves to play together. I'm still trying to get there. Hopefully, if and when I do, I'll be able to record and ya'll will be the first to know! :D

Keep up the great work. :tup

(kind of a p.s.... We all know how expensive it is to produce a studio recording of your own. Money is always a factor, and a big reason I've never recorded on my own). A few years a go, I lent a 122 Leslie cabinet to another organist who never returned it. Left town, never paid me, not a word. I just noticed he has a brand new CD coming out that he recorded at an expensive studio here in town (I guess he snuck back for a second). Since he lives in Germany now, I've got no recourse that I know of. But it still irks me. Plus, he stole it when I was in desperate need of money (both my kids were under 3 at the time).)

Edited by Soul Stream

A few years a go, I lent a 122 Leslie cabinet to another organist who never returned it. Left town, never paid me, not a word. I just noticed he has a brand new CD coming out that he recorded at an expensive studio here in town (I guess he snuck back for a second).

Now that is some jive shit. I dare say that if that's his M.O., his career likely won't get too far. You just can't do people like that and expect it to come up all roses...

Well, keep on keepin' on, and hopefully one day we can laugh about shit like that over a cold one.

Damn, Mike, that is not cool at all.  Stealing another musician's shit?  That's rule number one of the musician's code, man.  Joe is right... this guy won't get very far with that kind of behavior.  Karma is going to catch up with his ass real soon.

Well Jim, I've just got to let the whole thing go. You know how much a nice Leslie 122 runs. Matter of fact, I had just bought it and had also put $300 into repairs to get it working perfectly (it was actually the better of my 2 122s). You know what they say, no act of kindness goes unpunished! ;) . The guy was playing through a smaller leslie at the time, so I thought "Hey, I'm not using both these 122s, I'll lend him this other one for a while to help him out." :rolleyes:

My generousity has come back to bite me a couple of times in my life, this was just this hardest. Especially since it cost me a few gigs eventually when my leslie was in the shop, ect....

But like you said, Karma's a bitch. I can only hope. :party::D

Edited by Soul Stream

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...