Mosaic Future Projects

Ed S

Don't know about that, but this is going to be the cover photo:

julia_child_monksm.jpg

It's from the famous session of "Julia Plays Monkfish."

And here's another Francis Wolff photo to be included in the booklet, of Julia at a session in Rudy Van Gelder's kitchen:

b_julia_co.jpg

It promises to be quite a tasty set.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on that one... Got my eyes on the Oliver Nelson, McCoy, Tony W., Mulligan.. and MAYBE even the Rich... Anyway I spend next year's tax refund (now - without telling my wife)? :unsure::unsure::blink:

Sidney Bechet!  :excited:

..and all the rest.

Looks like it's bread and water for meals the whole of next year.  :blink:  ;):(

And here's another Francis Wolff photo to be included in the booklet, of Julia at a session in Rudy Van Gelder's kitchen:

b_julia_co.jpg

It promises to be quite a tasty set.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on why THIS one turns me on.

Not that I'm proud of it.

(Though I'm not really ashamed, either.)

As for the nominal thrust of this thread: this is what I've always HOPED would be there when I visited the Mosaic site.

Nice of them to keep everyone informed.

'cept now we'll have to spread rumors about something else. :blink:

I didn't think of that!!! :lol::crazy::wacko:

Ah well, then there's THAT, too...

• 3 weeks later...

Some really good stuff coming up though - especially the Nelson,

Yeah, I'm really psyched about the Nelson (as well as the Tolliver, etc.)--I did a Nelson big-band program a couple of years ago and drew heavily from SOUND PIECES and the Verve Jazzmasters comp...not a lot else out on CD that I could find. Played some of those Smith/Nelson-orchestrated sessions earlier this summer, too... will be great to have all of that material in one set. And a great excuse to do another O. Nelson big-band show.

This Oliver Nelson Mosaic set promises to be a very honourable addition to their big band sets (Basie, Thad/Mel, Gerald Wilson) and well up there in terms of quality. I'm also getting particularly psyched up over this one. I can feel another pre-order coming on.. :wacko:

Edited by sidewinder

Ah... sidewinder.. but that's the beauty of the pre-order.... pay now... forget about ... :cool::cool: wait for several months until the set comes out.... :( and it gets delayed a month... :unsure::unsure: and then just went it arrives in the mail... :party::party::party:

a NEW "must-have" set is announced and ready for pre-order..... :o:o

hmmmmm..... Now I know why my checkbook never gets balanced.... (afraid to look...) :unsure::unsure:;)

This Oliver Nelson Mosaic set promises to be a very honourable addition to their big band sets (Basie, Thad/Mel, Gerald Wilson) and well up there in terms of quality. I'm also getting particularly psyched up over this one. I can feel another pre-order coming on.. :wacko:

• 5 months later...

It would be nice if there was a way for Mosaic to pull together all 3 of the Larry Bunker Quartet (w/Gary Burton) 'Manne-hole' lps (Vault & Interplay) for a Select. I have no idea who controls Vault and Inter. material......but some quality music there.

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen