This Is The Place

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Dang.

Speaking of shipping, all international orders went out today. I apologize for the delay but it's hard to get to the PO with a 15 month old hanging off you for all the waking hours of the day! Thankfully my sister-in-law came over today to allow me to jet to the PO real quick.

So, all pre-orders are shipped! If you don't receive yours in a reasonable amount of time, let me know!

Thanks to all who pre-ordered! It really helped us out a lot!

:cool::tup

CD Baby arrived today! Yipeee!!!!

And they knew what part of the order was important as This Is The Place was right on top as I pulled the CDs out of the mailer.

Gotta get a couple of errands done but I expect to be parked in front of the stereo about 2 pm, hopefully giving me time to post before I have to head to work.

nice.  I'll listen for it in headphones.

Oh man! .. A stick fumble frozen in time.. I'll never live it down.. :bad::rolleyes:

It shows our humanity and the fact that we're not gods... yet.

;)

Or maybe you are gods, and you are heartlessly manipulating this by feigning a sort of human fallibility in order to test our faith and loyalty.

Kind of like when capital G God left all those fossils in the ground . . .

--eric

Edited by Dr. Rat

Or maybe you are gods, and you are heartlessly manipulating this by feigning a sort of human fallibility in order to test our faith and loyalty.

Kind of like when capital G God left all those fossils in the ground . . .

Yeah, the good ol' Evolution Scam. <_<

Well, this puppy has gotten the first of what promises to be many, many listens, and the simplest way to put it is:

BRAVISSIMO!!!

I was going to reacquaint myself with Boogaloo Sisters to confirm, but one listen told me it was so: the growth of the band is simply phenomenal, both in the playing and the song writing, and you were pretty darn good before!

Have you guys considered putting a short EP together to send to Blue Note or another major label? I have to believe that a record this strong would get their attention.

My only nits:

Not a fan of Zappa so I could have done without his tune.

Loved the artwork, kudos to Noj, but I did find it difficult to read the liners with the way the booklet was printed.

Hey Jim, got the first cd yesterday! Took it to my drum teacher, because we usually jam along to a cd. He loved it! He's going to show your music to his friend Jeff Palmer, (b-3) who he actually recorded with on an album called Burnin the Blues. He said, "Man, Jeff would dig this!" He was tripping ova Meet Me @ 11. We finally figured that the song goes 1*2*3*4*5, 1*2*3*4*5*6.

I just know him from the recording. It's a neat record that I picked up on a whim. The only other recording I have of Palmer is his AudioQuest release. He reminds me a lot of Larry Young.

Leto would probably dig the end track on "Waiting For The Boogaloo Sisters..." as well -- Decoder. The new one has some odd time signature stuff on it, too.

That's great that they'll be heading into the studio soon. Have him join the board and fill us in on the details!!!

:tup