Your next Mosaic set

Just popped in an internet cafe in Reykjavik (Iceland) to check there was still time to order it and that Soulstation hadnĀ“t posted his lethal Procratinator picture.

Relax and get back to the thermal hot springs ! :lol:

Exactly what I did! Blue Lagoon yesterday morning, Bristol traffic jams yesterday evening! What a contrast!

Edited by ASNL77

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bristol traffic jams yesterday evening!

Back to reality. One of my favourite places for traffic jams. :(

Have you ordered the set yet Yves? I'm procrastinating myself...

Do get in touch the next time you come to Bristle and you can visit us. I have no doubt that listening to the Mosaic of your choice should ease off the pain of awful traffic conditions in our lovely city...

I haven't ordered the Jazz Piano set yet as our holiday in Iceland has left our bank account rather empty. I will definitely get it but I am going to delay the order as much as possible. Yet, I know Soulstation1 is lurking!

I don't think I'm going to get a Mosaic set this year; disappointed that the sale didn't include anything off boxes. I generally only buy in their sales.

I was hoping that the Venuti-Lang would be on sale. I had no reason to expect it to be, other than last year's interesting mix of Bix, Stitt, etc. that were marked down. I may get it yet by Christmas or before. However I've picked up an Jordi Savall SACD habit (THANKS CLAUDE!) and I haven't been this excited about something new (if 400+ year old music can be "new" ;)) in a long time. So Mosaic has some competition!

Over $2 to the Ā£ makes it feel more of a sale to me. I'm used to having to buy Mosaics at about $1.40 to the Ā£, so this is quite a saving at present.

That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

and the boiler can go to hell ! :crazy:

I wouldn't worry about the boiler. For $112, it would have been a crap boiler anyway! :cool:

Over $2 to the Ā£ makes it feel more of a sale to me. I'm used to having to buy Mosaics at about $1.40 to the Ā£, so this is quite a saving at present.

That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

and the boiler can go to hell ! :crazy:

I wouldn't worry about the boiler. For $112, it would have been a crap boiler anyway! :cool:

:rofl:

MG

• 3 weeks later...

I have just ordered three Selects: Art Pepper, David Liebman and Johnny Richards. A bit of a mixed bag with very different styles.I hope I won't be disappointed with the Liebman set. I listened to the audio clips and I liked what I heard.

Edited by ASNL77

I have just ordered three Selects: Art Pepper, David Liebman and Johnny Richards. A bit of a mixed bag with very different styles.I hope I won't be disappointed with the Liebman set. I listened to the audio clips and I liked what I heard.

I noticed yesterday that our public library has the Liebman, as well as the Mulligan Select. I know they have others that I already have, like the Weston & Moncur. Very nice way to "try to before you buy," or just let the library copy be yours to check out as needed (provided the need is not great.) I have been on the fence about the Liebman as well, so one of these days I'll have to check it out (or at least part of it, as they break it up for lending purposes) and see if it makes it onto the next Mosaic order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...