Your next Mosaic set

MS027.jpg

I think this select may be vying with the Gillespie big box for my next purchase.

I called Mosaic yesterday. We have to wait another two weeks untill this set will be available.

Just as well, I suppose.

I called Mosaic again and got the same answer: we'll have to wait another 1-2 weeks.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two are really tempting.

I'll probably get me the one next that hits running low, or one of the first Selects - I have only the Andrew Hill so far, as I was afraid it would sell out fast after his passing. The Randy Weston will be the first, or the Carmell Jones. I have all the Bennie Green on LP, so that can wait a little.

The Randy Weston will be the first

Yep, that one is highly recommended for the 'Uhuru/Africa' material just for starters. Some very nice African percussion on that one, so you should like it.

I have all the material except for the previously unreleased quartet session in some form or another, the UHURU session on LP and CD, so I know what to expect. Yes that's a very nice all-star percussion workout.

Either the Parlan Mosaic or the Turrentine.

Actually, make that BOTH/AND! :g

If possible buy them both at the same time...if not I'd grab the Parlan because it's been around longer...or the Turrentine because I think it's a little superior. Oh hell...do whatever you want!

:g

Either the Parlan Mosaic or the Turrentine.

Actually, make that BOTH/AND! :g

If possible buy them both at the same time...if not I'd grab the Parlan because it's been around longer...or the Turrentine because I think it's a little superior. Oh hell...do whatever you want!

:g

You have the goddess back as your avatar; I have no choice but to take your advice! :excited:

Except that I'm not sure what the advice was cuz I was paying more attention to the avatar/goddess than what you wrote. What did you say again? :g

• 2 weeks later...

MS027.jpg

I think this select may be vying with the Gillespie big box for my next purchase.

I called Mosaic yesterday. We have to wait another two weeks untill this set will be available.

Just as well, I suppose.

I called Mosaic again and got the same answer: we'll have to wait another 1-2 weeks.

Eventually, the set is on his way to Israel.

Edited by B. Goren.

MS027.jpg

Just as well, I suppose.

I received an email today telling me this has finally shipped!!! 'bout time!

MS027.jpg

Just as well, I suppose.

I received an email today telling me this has finally shipped!!! 'bout time!

Let us know what you think.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see that the Jazz Piano mood set is still in the 'running low' category. Just popped in an internet cafe in Reykjavik (Iceland) to check there was still time to order it and that Soulstation hadnĀ“t posted his lethal Procratinator picture. I will definitely order this set as soon as I am back in the UK! :excited: