Apology to everyone

I apologize for any offensive posts that I have made on this board in the past. By offensive, I mean any profanity that may have bugged anyone, but even more, my apologies for derogatory statements to or about other members. I do not behave this way in person. I do not like people to behave in a similar fashion towards me. I am embarrassed by things that I have posted here, and promise you all that it will not happen again. Resorting/stooping to the levels that I have stooped to in personal attacks on other people here is not at all indicative of who I am. Jim Alfredson, Son-of-Weizen, wolff, JSngry, Michael Fitzgerald, everyone else who's ever been involved in a thread that I may have upset in any way, I apologize. It's not right, and I have no excuse. I hope I can be an asset to this board vs. a vulnerability. This board is a great resource for KNOWLEDGE, of jazz music, and everything and anything else under the sun. I'm tired of being one of the guilty ones who have degraded it in any way, and it may seem lame, too little too late, etc., but I have to say I am truly sorry.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so deeply offended by your venomous exchanges with me that I have to admit that I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Seriously!

Whatever it was though, I appreciate the desire to make ammends. I know that exchanges of opinions can sometimes get more heated than we'd like, and things get said in the passion of the moment that we regret later. Been there myself, more than once, and not just in cyberspace, where after all, "distance" is a given. Afaic, passion is a good thing, and so is the ability to recognize the possibility that feelings might have been hurt.

If I thought that you were really meaning genuine harm and harboring real ill-will, and not just "being there" at a particular time and place and set of circumstances, I'd make a mental note that you were "bad news" and stay far, far away. I haven't.

So afaic, we're cool. Ok?

I have to accept your apology.  I can't help it.  I like pasta!

pasta-pix.jpg

I think you have to apologize because some of the pasta's names in the picture are not correct. :P

bowties?

angel hair?

corkscrews?

wheels, shells & ruffles?

wtf? those 'mericans again... :w

(I had penne rigate for dinner, with fresh tomato sugo...)

now on topic: if I ever behaved really bad, it was in that annyoing incident that stirred quite a few waves here, but even then, I tried not to be too harsh.... that does not mean I succeeded, but in general I do agree with pasta that we should try to behave. On the other hand, trying to behave also means pointing out if someone does not.

Now on to driking a couple of Guinness (seriously)!

cheers!

ubu

In general, I feel I need to apologize to everyone here. Weizen also. I have been out of line. Disagreeing is fine, but bashing other people is not.

I respectfully disagree with this. :) Politeness and magnanimity are important traits to possess, but when people are deliberately dishonest or say things that are motivated by hate, I think a verbal smackdown is more than justified.

Come now, Wheel, is it nice to let your ongoing feud with our other colleague spill over into Pasta's thread?

Pasta, no problem from me. I can appreciate your sentiments and think it's great that you stepped forward. I apologize for once calling you 'Rigatoni' over in the political forum........or was it 'Spaghetti?' :unsure::g It won't happen again.