Pepper Adams, Harold Land

jlhoots

OK! then it's :tup

The question now is ... why didn't the folks at BN/PJ think of reissuing those themselves  :blink:

If I remember correctly, there's a post or two about that somewhere; these albums probably wouldn't sell enough copies, so...

To be honest, I'm glad someone other than Ron McMaster has remastered them. I've got nothing against mr McMaster, but I can't say I like his masterings - particularly some of the more recent ones.

"Take Aim" is perhaps not anybody's finest moment, and I remember the sound of the BN LP release as boxy. Perhaps the remastering has improved it somewhat.

You're right, the sound wasn't very good. I had the LP (Blue Note LT-1057), didn't like the date, hated the sound and got rid of it.

"Take Aim" is perhaps not anybody's finest moment, and I remember the sound of the BN LP release as boxy. Perhaps the remastering has improved it somewhat.

You're right, the sound wasn't very good. I had the LP (Blue Note LT-1057), didn't like the date, hated the sound and got rid of it.

Same here - but many LT series albums sounded much better when reissued as Connoisseurs or on Mosaic.

That Leonard Feather produced Land LP is somewhat odd in the Blue Note catalog, musically - Land plays okay, but the rest of the band is so-so.

The Pepper Adams is a superb session. With quite a lineup: the seldom heard Lee Katzman on trumpet and a Big League rhythm section of Jimmy Rowles, Doug Watkins and Mel Lewis.

If the sound is only half as good as the one on the Toshiba Japan vinyl reissue I have, you'll be a happy man!

The Pepper Adams is a superb session. With quite a lineup: the seldom heard Lee Katzman on trumpet and a Big League rhythm section of Jimmy Rowles, Doug Watkins and Mel Lewis.

If the sound is only half as good as the one on the Toshiba Japan vinyl reissue I have, you'll be a happy man!

I'm really looking forward to the Pepper Adams.