Art Ensemble 1967/68

What numbers do the band members have?

They got some without numbers.

A small question. In "limited editions" of 2500 or whatever (such as Mosaic, and this), does that usually mean "2500 plus a few for band members and other special folks?"

I owe you an email to order it and the Warne Marsh.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own the highly sought-after set no. 999.

Chuck's personalized inscription:  Tony, Without your help, this set -- nay, the very existence of the band itself -- would not have been possible.  With all my respect and admiration, Charles.

Also sent with the set:  9 of Chuck's homemade oatmeal cookies.  Nice touch, that.  And yum!

:rsly:

It ain't nessa, ain't nessa,

ain't nessa, ain't nessa,

Ain't necessarily so.

That's very weird, I've got #1,000...

A small question. In "limited editions" of 2500 or whatever (such as Mosaic, and this), does that usually mean "2500 plus a few for band members and other special folks?"

Yes, there are "extras" used for participants and review copies. In the record/cd manufacturing process there are always "overruns", in fact contracts with pressing plants and printers traditionally include a phrase containing something like " plus or minus 10% is considered a complete order". Mass manufacturing ot this kind is imprecise - they always print/press extras to cover for "defects" and other factory mishaps.

Yes, there are "extras" used for participants and review copies. In the record/cd manufacturing process there are always "overruns", in fact contracts with pressing plants and printers traditionally include a phrase containing something like " plus or minus 10% is considered a complete order". Mass manufacturing ot this kind is imprecise - they always print/press extras to cover for "defects" and other factory mishaps.

Wouldn't this also explain the "loose," "used," and "partial" Mosaics that one occassionally finds?

• 2 weeks later...

Scott in Parkertown here with #2039!

I shall be spinnin' this set tonite...much to the wife's chagrin... :)

I have set #55, I paid for that baby the second I heard about it, and have probably played it around 2x a year since then. I just played a few cds of it last week actually.

Great stuff, I can't believe you couldn't sell 10,000 of those Chuck.

Now for your next box set?

C