Welcome to a new member!

Joe G

I have no idea who that is, but I like the name! :party:

If you still haven't figured out the clues in the thread, Suzy Creamcheese was a groupie from Frank Zappa's early daze with the Mothers Of Invention.. She was introduced on the "Freak Out" album and is mentioned in some detail in Frank Zappa's autobiography, "The Real Frank Zappa Book" ...

By the way, Wednesday, the 21st is Frank Zappa's birthday and there is an annual birthday bash in GR I will be attending. The whole house is all Zappa's music, videos, displayed album covers, lots of posters, and the kitchen is the "dangerous kitchen" with an "uncle meat tray" of sandwich meats, along with lots of "barking pumpkin pies".. When you walk in, you're handed a Zappa trivia quiz of usually 18 or 20 tough guestions, and if you're ambitious, the answers can be found in a number of books, constantly playing videos, or magazines full of FZ articles & interviews throughout the house.. The house is easy to find. Just look for the little brick house with the Xmas tree lights on the roof spelling "ZAPPA"... :party::)

Edited by randissimo

Thanks everybody. I'm still learning to navigate around here and did not know a subject was started about me. You're a bunch of sweaties. :blush:

Now who's this Zappa character and has he ever played with Kenny G?

I have no idea who that is, but I like the name! :party:

If you still haven't figured out the clues in the thread, Suzy Creamcheese was a groupie from Frank Zappa's early daze with the Mothers Of Invention.. She was introduced on the "Freak Out" album and is mentioned in some detail in Frank Zappa's autobiography, "The Real Frank Zappa Book" ...

Oh - I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. :mellow:

actually, wasn't Uncle Meat Essra Mohawk?

Yes, & Essra Mohawk was/is actually Sandy Hurvitz, whose Verve album Sandy's Album Is Here At Last

sandy_hurvitz_album.jpg

was produced by Ian Underwood and featured Jeremy Steig, Jim Pepper, Eddie Gomex, & Donald MacDonald. You'd think that with a lineup like that it would be really good, but it's not. At least I didn't care for it in 1971, when I found it in a Woolco cutout bin in Mobile, Alabama, next to the Ramada Inn our high school band was staying at on the way home from a trip to Pensacola, Florida. Of course, the Ramada's lobby "hi-fi" was an old console piece of furniture type thing with a tone arm that probably had a 5 lb. tracking force and a needle that hadn't been changed since 1961, but even at that, I didn't dig the side.

So no, Suzy Creamcheese and Sandy are not the same. But both are pieces of Zappa lore nonetheless. I welcome Suzy, and wonder how she came to know the Captain

I don't think Suzy Creamcheese (Pamela Zarubica) was a groupie in the sense where I don't think she was sleeping with rock stars right and left. She was very young when Zappa met her.

I would normally feel somewhat callow discussing these matters in the presence of the person in question, but I don't think the organissimo Suzy Creamcheese is the same as Zappa's - I could be wrong.

Bertrand.

So no, Suzy Creamcheese and Sandy are not the same. But both are pieces of Zappa lore nonetheless. I welcome Suzy, and wonder how she came to know the Captain

I watched him on TV as a child like everybody else. Of course, the live shows were the best. I hung in until about 66', but when they went to color that was the final straw.

Of course if you're referring to that Van Vliet character, no one can ever really know Donny. Although his package is quite large, if you catchem madriff'. ;)

I would normally feel somewhat callow discussing these matters in the presence of the person in question, but I don't think the organissimo Suzy Creamcheese is the same as Zappa's - I could be wrong.

Bertrand.

Could be. :mellow:

Or it could be you just listen to the wrong records.

Bertrand.

Could be. :mellow:

Or it could be you just listen to the wrong records.

GTO's.. "Girls Together Outrageously".. FZ released a sampler lp in 1968 on his Straight/Bizarre label showcasing Capt. Beefheart, Wild Man Fisher, Lord Buckley, GTO's and Alice Cooper...