Someone here MUST own a vintage [or just friggin old] car or cars.

Dmitry

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal car in a 1992 Nissan SE-R. Cheapo sports coupe. I love it - 200,000 miles, failing electrical system, suspension, exhaust system, etc.

This is the best car I ever had! I can only drive it locally 'cause the battery will die and 5th gear is gone. If I was challenged by a guy with a 'vette (or something like that) I'd put my car and skills up anytime.

My wheels: dark blue '92 Honda Accord wagon(!) -- but I'm gonna trade it in on a new Prius come June or July, though.

My wife's car: maroon '93 Accord sedan (2-door).

She gets the Prius, and I get her car -- which is fine, cuz I can walk or bike to work quite a few days of the week (whether permitting). And she has a little longer commute than I do (though she takes the bus a couple days a week too, when she can).

edit: I love my wagon too, and wish we could keep it -- but it's burnin' oil, a good two quarts every 3,000 miles. My wife's car still runs like a top. Both have been GREAT cars, each with about 150,000 miles on them. I hope my wife's car (soon to be mine) lasts another 5 or 10 years.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

My wheels: dark blue '92 Honda Accord wagon(!) -- but I'm gonna trade it in on a new Prius come June or July, though.

She gets the Prius, and I get her car -- which is fine, cuz I can walk or bike to work quite a few days of the week (whether permitting). And she has a little longer commute than I do (though she takes the bus a couple days a week too, when she can).

Boring. :D

Just sold our newest car, a 1979 Lincoln Mark V, to a friend. He had a 97 T-Bird, and the plastic intake had cracked twice, so he wanted an older car that was a bit more reliable.

(All the cars in the photo taken way back in 2004 have been sold, a friend after hearing I sold the Mark said I go thru cars like he does underwear....I said, the ladies must love that fact)

Edited by BERIGAN

Yup!!! :g

They're not automatics, are they?

My only brush with greatness car-wise was that when I started dating my wife back in the 70's, she had a '67 Camaro Rally Sport (medium blue with a white top). She still regrets trading that baby in.

image030.jpg

This is a '68, but it's pretty close to the same design.

'86 Honda Prelude with 82,000 miles on it. Sometimes I think I wouldn't mind a small truck, but as I walk & ride a lot and it's reliable I've been sticking with it. My bike is a '76 Raleigh Record (I'm the original owner.) As it turns 30 in May this may be the year I get a new bike. Probably something with fatter tires as I don't handle the bumps in the road as well as I used to!

Yup, all of them are automatic -- why?? icon14.gif

Yup, all of them are automatic -- why?? icon14.gif

What Chuck said. :)

Got to have fun.