Ebay craziness

Looks like a brown envelope full of Saskatchewan prairie air, if you ask me. Fools and their money are easily parted.

Have you ever even breathed Saskatchewan prairie air??? Don't be so quick to judge something you've never personally experienced. :angry:

(:g)

Yeah, that Tina Brooks Mosaic auction wolff mentions has me shaking my head too - what is UP??? Well, the price of the SET for one thing...now approaching $400 and the damn auction still has a LOOONG way to go...

BTW - that Brooks Mosaic that ended at $61 wolff mentions, I screwed up bad on - had it in the crosshairs but miscalculated when I needed to be back at the computer and missed out on bidding by 2 minutes! I think I coulda got it for $80 or less...oh well! A Hodges Mosaic LP set is on the way! ^_^

Edited by DrJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some craziness in the other direction:

This morning I put in some bids on a few items that I have been looking at, as I am apt to do on an almost daily basis. I have some guidelines I follow as far as what I am willing to pay on anything so my success ratio on items like Mosaics is usually fairly low (like say maybe 10%).

I go out to lunch and then to read in the park all Sunday afternoon, forgetting about it, so imagine my surprise when I got home and checked my inbox to see:

Duke Ellington - The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings (5 cd) Like New, Mosaic Edition $30.99

V/A - The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Session (4 cd) L/N Mosaic $39.77

Clifford Brown - Brownie: The Complete Emarcy (10 cd) New/Unwrapped $51.00

I'm wondering if I should go out and buy a lottery ticket or something.

Duke Ellington - The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings (5 cd) Like New, Mosaic Edition $30.99

V/A - The Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Session (4 cd) L/N Mosaic $39.77

Clifford Brown - Brownie: The Complete Emarcy (10 cd) New/Unwrapped $51.00

I'm wondering if I should go out and buy a lottery ticket or something.

Nice!!! I'll think I'll have you bid on the above mentioned Mobley LP set for me the next time one comes around. :)

Check out the top bidder's Feedback- all Mosaic purchases.

He's from Italy-maybe a jazz lover with a vineyard in Tuscany. :g

If I didn't love my Mosaic collection so much, I'd send him an e-mail-then prepare to retire early.... :party:

I'd have enough to pay for my next heart surgery.. :excited:

If the Rogers set fetches $100+ per cd..... just think what he'll be paying for a first issue Blue Note lp.. ;)

Can somebody explain why this Ayler/Cherry Vibrations CD which was in thousands of bins over the last few years is being sought by so many people, some of them willing to pay $200 for it?

Sound on this reissue is not that great. Sound on the original vinyl beats the CD by a mile!

I've been peeking over there to see how long it takes for the Bryd/Adams set to appear...

When I called in my order, the Mosaic guy told me someone else had called in and bought SIX copies... Now... IMHO there's no WAY you buy SIX copies unless you plan on selling a few of them on E-bay....

:angry:

... but let me not get started....