Ebay craziness

i'm here, and that one even amazed me.

the last time i checked on ebay, it had no bids.

now i have enough for the mosaic select.

go figure.

vibes - thanks for the kind words even though you did not know if i would see them or not.

Hey, glad to see you are here! I had no idea rries and kulu se mama were one and the same... :tup

You know, one of these days I'm going to have to start writing down who is who around here. I sure kulu se mama has told us before that he was rries on the BNBB, but I never remember this stuff. Every time someone around here mentions their BNBB handle, it's a complete shock to me, even if they just did it last month... :wacko:

By the way, everyone knows I was Greg over there, right? ;)

You know, one of these days I'm going to have to start writing down who is who around here. I sure kulu se mama has told us before that he was rries on the BNBB, but I never remember this stuff. Every time someone around here mentions their BNBB handle, it's a complete shock to me, even if they just did it last month... :wacko:

By the way, everyone knows I was Greg over there, right? ;)

I know what you mean! I wish there was a spot next to the Avatar where folks could post their old handle....I was Nunya of course! :rhappy:

I once sent "Marie" an e-mail asking about the partial Mosaic sets "she" was selling a while back and told "her" of the rumors that these partials were very likely stolen material and that, while I was interested in bidding -- a lie -- I had my concerns.

Never received a response.

"Marie" will never get my business.

VERY confusing listing, to say the least.

Maybe someone should ask "Marie" for clarification?

:blink:

Someone would sure be lucky to get a response! ^_^

Though to be fair to "Marie" feedback left just in the last month, was over 16,000!!!!! :blink: They must have a warehouse , a big one, with a fairly large staff......

With 7 hours to go, this auction for what appears to be disc 7 only from the Bunny Berigan set is at $43. :wacko:

Click Here

If you ask me, the description is not clear enough, especially with a photo of the Mosaic Box and a review of the entire set. Somebody's going to be very disappointed.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Well, maybe I did my good deed for the day. I know that intervening in ebay auctions can be a sensitive issue among some who do sell on ebay, but I contacted the seller and let him/her know that I thought their description was misleading and that I thought that it should either be clarified or the auction should be ended.

Looks like they chose to end the auction early. :tup

VERY confusing listing, to say the least.

Maybe someone should ask "Marie" for clarification?

:blink:

Someone would sure be lucky to get a response! ^_^

Though to be fair to "Marie" feedback left just in the last month, was over 16,000!!!!! :blink: They must have a warehouse , a big one, with a fairly large staff......

There was an article about MARIE's one cent sales on ebay in the LA Times awhile back.

They said that they go to the local stores around the end of the month and offer to buy CDs that haven't moved very well. They buy in bulk and list everything on ebay. I don't know what prices they pay for these CDs. They said if they don't get $4/disc, they lose money on ebay. It's a husband/wife operation. :rolleyes:

I guess I should have read the posts just before mine as they are about the same auction. :wacko: Oops. :wacko:

At any rate, Marie did in fact respond to my email:

In a message dated 1/24/2004 7:49:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, **************.com writes:

Is this auction for disc 7 only or for the whole set?

I believe by reading your description it is for disc 7 only. But the fact that you have displayed the cover of the Mosaic box and quoted a review of the entire set makes me think that the bidders on this auction might think it is the entire box.

I can't believe that anyone would pay $43 (the current high bid) for disc 7 alone, especially since the set is still in print and available complete from Mosaic.

If this is a misinterpretation of the bidders, I urge you to clear up this issue or cancel the auction as the bidders, in my opinion, will be getting ripped off.

If I have misinterpreted your description and the auction id for the entire set with box and booklet, you have my apologies.

Thanks

Ed Swinnich

yes, we cancelled the auction. It is only one disc. Marie

Edited by Ed Swinnich

I don't have the link, but this night a Andrew Hill Mosaic went for $360, which must be a new record for this 7CD set.

I paid a little bit more than that when I bought it on eBay about a year ago or so. The CD's were sealed and I've probably listened to this set more than the other 30 or so Mosaic sets that I have, so I've never regretted the purchase.

I recall once, while in my apartment, suddenly forgetting exactly how many CDs there were in the Hill Mosaic set. Seven? Could there be as many as seven?!

I pulled the set off the shelf and, counting SEVEN CDs (!), I smiled.

:rlol