Ebay craziness

I've never sold anything on eBay before, so I probably don't really want to know all the technical details about how this is done...

But how in the heck did this guy make a pop-up dialog-box appear when you bring up his eBay auctions???

Or at least THIS ONE has such a dialog box.

OK, I checked, and it's every item this guy sells. They all trigger the pop-up box.

Items for Sale by 10p.cd

Weird. I wouldn't have thought that someone could have embedded something into an eBay auction that would cause a dialog box. I know that other sites can easily do such a thing (when the site itself causes the dialog box), but I just didn't figure it could be done through an eBay listing. :wacko:

Is ANY 3 CD set really worth this???? ($300 minimum bid, $450 buy-it-now) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I'm not familiar with this set. What's the deal??? :huh:

Wow!

See, that's what I love about the holidays.... rampant greed!

And, I'm sure somebody will bid on this, which will reinforce the other thing I love about the holidays... rampant stupidity!

Cheers,

Shane

I finally took the plunge, sold my first goods on Ebay two weeks ago, both using Buy It Now, a crack-like e-substance used by many Ebayers to enhance their short-term pleasure. Mmmmmmmmm, buyiiitttnowwww.

I got $145 for the Don Cherry Mosaic CD set, $295 for the Blakey CDs. These prices are, to me, insane. Vinyl I can understand, but CDs? I can't, though I admit to paying $90 for the Cherry and $175 for the Blakey back in the day (mid-2000).

Can someone please find and post the link to that Ebay sale of an "ass-kicking" as in if you win the seller comes to your house for a good stomping. Remember that classic?

Edited by AmirBagachelles

Now, this does look like a nice set.

Elle Ftizgerald Sings the Gershwin Songbook

If true, it's a real collectors item.

from the auctionGeorge Gershwin's signature obtained from the Gershwin estate when the box was produced

Hey George, our crystal ball says you are going to die before the lp era, mind signing your name a couple humdred times so we can stick the signatures in some box sets in the future? :blink:

Hi Guys: I bought it for $76! It may sound crazy to some of you, but this is one of the few titles I'm looking for to complete my Blue Note collection which is mostly on cd, Mosaics, and Lps. I was bidding against a newbie with (0) feedback and everytime this happens, it costs me. I understand weizen has all of the jvrg series and that is quite remarkable. My friend brought over his Liberty Lp of Easterly Winds last night and it is an excellent session . If you haven't heard Garnett Brown blow excellent bone with Jackie and Lee before, your missing something special. Weizen, if I buy from you again, I'll try not to make it so noticeable to everyone. Happy Holidays and Great Listening ,and to all a Good 2004!