Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon400...=SA_20090326_NR

40% off list price, in store only. Through 28 March.

Yeah - but the "fine print" says that the single purchase has to be an item of list price $20 or more.

Even at 40% off, it is rarely worth my time going in to one of the stores. They don't carry academic books anymore (in my field at any rate), and you can't use these coupons on items that you order on-line. Most fiction trade paperbacks are still hanging in at $19.99 (or a bit less) so most of their coupons are no good. And if I am buying a hard cover fiction book, you can usually get them for 75% or more off used. So that leaves you looking at CD or DVD sets. Borders in Chicago doesn't have any of the Jazz Icons DVD sets.

However, I did check and they had the Fats Waller vol. 6 from JSP. There was one in stock at the Michigan Ave. store, so I scampered up there after work and picked it up.

Yeah - but the "fine print" says that the single purchase has to be an item of list price $20 or more.

Really? I've read the coupon five times now and either I'm totally oblivious, going blind, or maybe it just ain't there?

Really? I've read the coupon five times now and either I'm totally oblivious, going blind, or maybe it just ain't there?

Most of the time the put a "must be $20 or more" restriction on the coupon. Not this time though. :)

Nothing I needed in the way of CDs at my local Borders - not much in the way of CDs there at all, for that matter - but I did find a copy of Adam Thirlwell's book The Delighted States and saved 12 bucks. So thanks for sharing that coupon, Be Bop.

Went to a good-sized nearby Borders today with the 40% off coupon, plus the 30% off CDs and DVDs sale in effect. Found only one classical CD I wanted to buy, no jazz, no DVDs, and that was pushing it. May well be a nice disc (Handel Violin Sonatas with Andrew Manze and Richard Egarr), haven't listened yet, but I wouldn't have thought of buying it at full price. A wasteland.

One other thing -- I did want to take a look at the Harry Smith Anthology of American Folk Music box, though I thought it might be too pricey for me even with the coupon, but the clerk, though armed with many keys, was unable to open the case where the box sets were kept, after several minutes of trying with each key. He said he'd opened it before.

• 1 month later...

I checked out one of my Border's stores today. No music.

They had one shelf with the Top 25...really only had about 10 unique titles.

Both stores in town usually do the same thing so I suspect Borders is done with music here.

:rcry

Actually... a good riddance. The music section was dying a long slow death.

• 3 weeks later...

Gee, just what I want to do. Drive 90+ miles to find a Borders store and then walk out empty handed. My previous experience with their stores includes high prices and ROTTEN selection in their jazz CD section.

You can check their website for inventory.

40% off coupon

$210 plus tax for the Neil Young Archive Blu Ray box.

• 1 month later...