Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that Veraejo (or however you spell his name) is a cheap player. He moves on every screen he sets and they never call it.

That said, maybe being down will finally motivate the Pistons to elevate their game. That's usually what it takes. Otherwise they might follow the Red Wings this year.

Give me a break. Every scorer in the NBA travels like crazy. Refs want to see the amazing finish and don't look at any footwork, and they haven't been for decades. It's not just LeBron. Kobe, Arenas, Rip, Iverson, beloved M Jordan (as much as LeBron if not more), Ewing, ...

Great finish to a great game! I like the Cavs, but I'm going on record right now to say the Pistons will take the next two games and advance to the Conference finals.

I even think the next game might be a blowout. Sheed will come out motivated.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Van Horn is back. That guy used to be good, it can't hurt to have him coming off the bench. At least to collect fouls against Duncan.

Speaking of which, WTF is up with Duncan's monster first half? Which is only good enough for a tie game!

And also... somebody needs to choke Reggie Miller before he says "wooooOOOOoow" again.

Guy

Edited by Guy

Great finish to a great game! I like the Cavs, but I'm going on record right now to say the Pistons will take the next two games and advance to the Conference finals.

i sure hope so! the heat can use the extra rest (especially for wade!) and i really want the heat to kick detroit's butt in the conference finals!!!

:cool:

Give me a break. Every scorer in the NBA travels like crazy. Refs want to see the amazing finish and don't look at any footwork, and they haven't been for decades. It's not just LeBron. Kobe, Arenas, Rip, Iverson, beloved M Jordan (as much as LeBron if not more), Ewing, ...

True, but "superstars" get away with travelling and more. I counted at least a half dozen times last night when Lebron used his off-arm to push away a defender (twice on one drive, actually) and they never called it.

That said, the Pistons should've still won that game. I do not understand why Chauncey didn't get going until the third quarter and then as soon as he started getting hot, Flip pulled him.

Careful what you wish for. Call all those things on superstar LeBron, and then you gotta call all the hacking and bodying that that great Detroit D gets away with. LeBron may be built like a tight end (and travel, and use his off hand, and actually live up to all of the hype), but that doesn't mean he should be bodied like a tight end. If he was smaller like Rip or Gilbert Arenas, ant still attacking the rim, he'd be at the line even more. I say the hand to hand combat, on both sides, pretty much balances out.

And Rip needs a few more flopping lessons from Bill Laimbeer. Those were pretty sad last night...

Well, I blame the Pistons losing to the Spurs in game 7 last year on Brown. He did not use the bench at all, which was admittedly worse than this year's, but the starters just plain wore out. I don't understand why Brown did not at least try putting Carlos Delfino on Manu Ginobli, considering the two played together at the Olympics. That would seem to give Delfino an edge in defending Ginobli, in my mind.

Chauncey needs to take it on himself to constantly be agressive. I mean, who is guarding him? Flip Murray? Damon Jones? PLEASE! Of all the Pistons, there are two players that NOBODY on the Cavs can guard and that is Chauncey Billups and 'Sheed. The two of them need to get their asses in gear and lead the team.

I still think the Pistons will win this series. But they better come out on Friday with a head full of steam and never let up.

True, but "superstars" get away with travelling and more. I counted at least a half dozen times last night when Lebron used his off-arm to push away a defender (twice on one drive, actually) and they never called it.

That said, the Pistons should've still won that game. I do not understand why Chauncey didn't get going until the third quarter and then as soon as he started getting hot, Flip pulled him.

I only saw the second half, but it seemed as if the Pistons acted like they could just turn it on at the right time in order to win the game. The Cavs didn't exactly cooperate, and with Sheed riding the bench and Chauncey fouled out, Detroit was left emptyhanded.

Like I said, the Pistons will come out with fire in their eyes, and I expect a blowout or near blowout at Gund Arena (or wherever they play.) Then it's back to Detroit for the final. I still cannot see the upstart Cavs having the maturity yet to defeat the Pistons. No way is Cleveland beating Detroit for the fourth straight game.

Don't underestimate the NBA's desire to have LeBron in the Conference Finals. The Pistons will have to beat the Cavs and the refs to take this series. They need to stay on top in the first and third periods and build insurmountable leads in the second and fourth periods to win. They need to play tough all game long!

Don't underestimate the NBA's desire to have LeBron in the Conference Finals. The Pistons will have to beat the Cavs and the refs to take this series. They need to stay on top in the first and third periods and build insurmountable leads in the second and fourth periods to win. They need to play tough all game long!

Damn, I can't believe I am in TOTAL agreement with Noj. How about that! But you are ABSOLUTELY right, Pistons cannot afford to get in tiffs with the refs, they need to stay focused and kick some butt. It is now at WIN OR GO HOME (to stay) for the Pistons. I also think the NBA would love to have LeBron vs. Shaq and Wade for the conference finals.

:bwallace:

Edited by BruceW