Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's even more impressive since you completely got the Denver-Clips series wrong. Precision is rewarded, my friend! :tup

Guy

Heck, it's amazing I am not even lower considering I got both the Denver-Clips and Clev-Wash series wrong.

:P

Now that is strange, if you got two series wrong that is a possible 20 points off. How could you have 66 points. Sounds like your tops would be 60 if everything else was perfect. Exactly what were your picks, can you check the picks Soulstation??

(not trying to rain on his parade but he admits to having two series completely wrong). There was only a possibility of 80 points if a person was perfect on all picks.

:bwallace:

It's even more impressive since you completely got the Denver-Clips series wrong. Precision is rewarded, my friend! :tup

Guy

Heck, it's amazing I am not even lower considering I got both the Denver-Clips and Clev-Wash series wrong.

:P

Now that is strange, if you got two series wrong that is a possible 20 points off. How could you have 66 points. Sounds like your tops would be 60 if everything else was perfect. Exactly what were your picks, can you check the picks Soulstation??

(not trying to rain on his parade but he admits to having two series completely wrong). There was only a possibility of 80 points if a person was perfect on all picks.

:bwallace:

Holystitt didn't get 66 pts, that was conn500.

Guy

What's Elton Brand's career high? He gave Sam Cassell a good whack in the head near the end of the game.

The Clips will have a hard time winning at the Suns' pace. They were close in this one, though.

Do people agree with Barkley's claim that Kobe intentionally stopped shooting at the end of game 7 to prove a point? ( Text message him to let him know. ;))

Guy

Edited by Guy

if you get the winner wrong, do you still get points for the number of games?

No. But you still get some points for getting close -- for example, 3 pts for picking the wrong winner of a series that goes 7 games.

Guy

i think that is what i meant. why would you get 3 pts if it went to game 7? is that only if you picked it to go 6?

No. But you still get some points for getting close -- for example, 3 pts for picking the wrong winner of a series that goes 7 games.

Guy

Are you sure? That is not how I added up my points.

Guy

i think that is what i meant. why would you get 3 pts if it went to game 7? is that only if you picked it to go 6?

Let's say that you pick the Suns to beat the Clippers in 7. The Clippers end up winning the series in 7. Since you were within one game of picking the outcome correctly, you get 3 points. If the Clippers end up winning in 6, you get 1 pt because you were within 2 games.

Guy

Guy

Let's say that you pick the Suns to beat the Clippers in 7. The Clippers end up winning the series in 7. Since you were within one game of picking the outcome correctly, you get 3 points. If the Clippers end up winning in 6, you get 1 pt because you were within 2 games.

Guy

WTF

is so hard to figure out???

Here is the original scoring system that Soulstation gave in Post 1

Scoring System

Series

05 points for 1st round winners x 8 teams = 40 points possible

10 points for 2nd round winners x 4 teams = 40 points possible

15 points for 3rd round winners x 2 teams = 30 points possible

20 points for 4th round winner X 1 team = 20 points possible

130 points possible for the series winners

Number Of Games Per Series

All Series Same Point Total

5 points for bull-eye

3 points within 1 game

1 point within 2 games

all my teams might be out of the play-offs by the 2nd round...

did big ben airball any free-throws last night?

that series is lookin' like a sweep

i'm hoping the mavs can beat the spurs

would be their biggest play-off series win ever...

Big Ben was on a tear, he was making one for two a few times and yes, the misses were air balls.

Pistons got real complacent in final minutes of 4th quarter. An absolute rout turned into survival or at worst, "holding on."

Mavs looking really good last night.

BUT ALL MY TEAMS STILL ALIVE IN 2ND ROUND

GO PISTONS

:bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

:bwallace2: :bwallace2: :bwallace2:

Edited by BruceW

As of right now, these are Tradesports (online betting market) probabilities of victory in each semifinals series:

Spurs vs. Dallas: Spurs 44.5-46.0%

Miami vs. Jersey: Miami 54.0-68.0% (no clue why the gap is so big)

Cleveland vs. Detroit: Detroit 96.6-98.0%

Clippers vs. Suns: Suns 70.2-70.3%

These are the probabilities of winning it all:

Pistons: 52.6-54.2%

Mavericks: 16.0-17.0%

Spurs: 16.0-16.5%

Suns: 5.2-9.1%

Heat: 4.3-6.3%

Nets: 2.8-4.3%

Clippers: 1.7-2.0%

Cavaliers: 0.7-0.8%