Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 56: 5+1 for the Clips series, 5+3 for the Mavs series, 5+3 for the Pistons series, 5+1 for the Miami series, 5+3 for the New Jersey series, 5+3 for the Cavs/Wiz, 5+1 for the Spurs series, 5+1 for the Suns series

Edited by Guy

Yes, he should. He and Kobe are not Bros.. I was watching in a bar and there was much rejoicing there after that clothesline. Sure is lots o' Kobe hatred in this world.

If you watch the games "closely" and most everyone does and accept the "truth", then you will see Kobe elbowing guys right and left. You will also see on the tapes Kobe elbowing people in the face the same way Shaq does. So everyone quit elevating Kobe to some sainthood status because you like the Lakers. Bell was right in his assessment of what has been happening. But the name Bell does not ring like the name Kobe. Kobe got exactly what he deserved, thrown on his ass. In the interviews Kobe did not address the "reason" for the clothline foul, but tried to make it sound like "who is this guy?" "I don't know him" "He must have not gotten enough huggs as a kid" How assanine can you sound? And why didn't Kobe get up and get in Bell's face the way he did Nash: BECAUSE Bell will kick his ass, that's why.

The fact is: Kobe has been playing dirty with Bell (and anyone else who guards him too close); Bell got tired of it; Bell retaliated. Bell suspended, case closed.

:bwallace:

Oh, what a bunch of malarky Bruce. Do you really think Kobe and Shaq are the only ones who play physical? Hard-nosed defenders like Bell try to get a player like Kobe to react, so they can get him thrown off his game or out of the game. Kobe doesn't use his elbows any more than any other scorer in the league.

I can't believe you think Kobe sounded more assinine than Bell trying to justify his idiotic and childish assault on Kobe, which occurred when his team had the game won and cost him the right to compete tonight. Your hatred for Kobe is clearly affecting your interpretation of the events.

The Pistons are among the more physical teams in the league. It's how they put the defensive clamps on teams. But they don't attack players and throw them to the floor, they have more class than that--you should too, Bruce.