Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

CLAMP DOWN ON THOSE HIGH PRICED MF's and make them toe the line if they want to get paid PERIOD. When you break it down, it is a job and they have superiors to answer to. Make them learn what "class" is all about.

Ok, bring it on....

:bwallace:

Bring on what?

What you say is patently obvious to casual observers such as myself. I turn on an NBA game and I see a bunch of inflated egoists trying to get attention.

It's really hard to get interested in the NBA. I'll watch the finals for sure (but only if the Pistons are in it!)

STAY INTERESTED, the Pistons will BE in it. There would have to be major injuries to eliminate the Pistons before the Finals. However, the Eastern Conference Finals should also be interesting also.

GO PISTONS

Edited by BruceW

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to clear up the total games points

if you pick the spurs to beat the queens in 5 and the queens win in 5 games,

you'd get 5 points for the total games and zero for the spurs.....

this will be the way it's scored

unless we change

No, I don't think that makes sense. What I was thinking is if you pick the Spurs to beat the Kings in 7 you get 5 pts. If the Spurs beat the Kings in 6, or lose to the Kings in 7 (you are off by 1 game), you get 3 pts. If the Spurs beat the Kings in 5, or lose to the Kings in 6 (you are off by 2 games), you get 1 pt.

Guy

STAY INTERESTED, the Pistons will BE in it. There would have to be major injuries to eliminate the Pistons before the Finals. However, the Eastern Conference Finals should also be interesting also.

I think the semifinals will be more interesting than the conference finals this year.

Guy

trying to clear up the total games points

if you pick the spurs to beat the queens in 5 and the queens win in 5 games,

you'd get 5 points for the total games and zero for the spurs.....

this will be the way it's scored

unless we change

No, I don't think that makes sense. What I was thinking is if you pick the Spurs to beat the Kings in 7 you get 5 pts. If the Spurs beat the Kings in 6, or lose to the Kings in 7 (you are off by 1 game), you get 3 pts. If the Spurs beat the Kings in 5, or lose to the Kings in 6 (you are off by 2 games), you get 1 pt.

Guy

Not only can't I figure out who'se scheduled to play who in the next round, I've got this advanced calculus to figure out! :P No doubt a good idea, Guy, but I'll leave all the scoring up to you guys... :g

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2422255

Nash steals another MVP.

I will say this, he deserved it WAY more this year than last. And I could almost see giving it to him this year had he not won last year. But he is still incredibly lucky to win it at all.

Players who have won consecutive MVP awards:

Bill Russell

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Moses Malone

Larry Bird

Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan

Tim Duncan

Steve FREAKIN' Nash

whcih one doesnt fit? Oh yeah, and Shaq only has one mvp. Ridiculous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2422255

Nash steals another MVP.

I will say this, he deserved it WAY more this year than last. And I could almost see giving it to him this year had he not won last year. But he is still incredibly lucky to win it at all.

Players who have won consecutive MVP awards:

Bill Russell

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Moses Malone

Larry Bird

Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan

Tim Duncan

Steve FREAKIN' Nash

whcih one doesnt fit? Oh yeah, and Shaq only has one mvp. Ridiculous.

Did Darko finish in the top 10 MVP voting? What an oversight on their part, huh? :g;)

But if you were Doug Collins you'd have been whining for a charge. "That should have been a charge! WAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Yeah, eat it Doug!

It was a charge and the replay clearly showed that. So Kobe dunking over the much shorter Nash is a big thing????? A charge is a charge is a charge.....