What is your Avatar?

Guest Chaney

One of our board members drew mine (apologies for forgetting) in response to a thread I started, which was an apology for what I thought was a pretty tacky thread I'd started earlier. I like it because that's the way I hope to come across to others: forgiving, accepting, and inviting. It also ties in with my favorite verse from Scripture, Matthew 11:28-29, the "come to Me all you who are weary" verse. Which was ironic, as the artist later pointed out to me that he was an atheist. Oh well..... :blush: I still like it.

That was me but sorry, I found the image on the 'web.

Mine is Ignatz Mouse from George Herriman's classic comic strip, "Krazy Kat" which ran from about 1916 until his death in 1944. I'd say that this is a circa 1923 Ignatz drawing, which is my favorite era of the strip. Many people prefer (for good reason) the color strips that ran from the mid-30s on, but I've always loved the black and white sunday strips and the 1920s-era drawing style...

Edited by Alexander

Mine is Ignatz Mouse from George Herriman's classic comic strip, "Krazy Kat" which ran from about 1916 until his death in 1944. I'd say that this is a circa 1923 Ignatz drawing, which is my favorite era of the strip. Many people prefer (for good reason) the color strips that ran from the mid-30s on, but I've always loved the black and white sunday strips and the 1920s-era drawing style...

Cool! :tup

I'm not sure what I got here. It could be an early incarnation of Mickey Mouse, or it could be a generic cartoon rodent. Sure is a piss-poor driver, though.

Looks like Chris Ware's Quimby the Mouse to me, Brownian Motion. I think I've said this before, but you have one of the coolest names and avatars on this board.

My current avatar is a poor-resolution copy of the cover of the CD my band put out circa 2000.