Monk Made "Easy"

DukeCity

This definitely "pickled" my interest:

From MySpace.com: "I am from the Austrian village of Braunau, ... One day, around 1958, I heard a very interesting piece of music that turned out to be a jazz pianist named Thelonious Monk. It pickled my interest because it was very different from anything I had ever heard. Although his music fascinated me, I had very mixed feelings. On the one hand, Mr. Monk had obvious talents, but on the other hand, his piano playing was very messy, and his songs had many funny notes and rhythms. ... I have grown to the conclusion that his songs would be much better, and much more popular, if many of the dissonances, or "wrong notes," were removed. With my new CD, "Hans Groiner Plays Monk," I have done just that. I think music fans from all over will agree that this new interpretation brings Monk's music to a much prettier, much more relaxing place. So, please enjoy these brief samples from my CD, which I am planning to release worldwide, very, very soon! All the best, Hans Groiner"

Here are sound clips (Beware!)

Hans Groiner Plays Monk

There is surely a very toasty place in hell waiting for him next to that other monstrosity from Braunau.

Seriously, its as if he pulled down Monk's cojones and cut them off with a rusty razor.

Which would have made better sounding music than that.

:bad:

What's up with the props from The Bad Plus (at the bottom of the page)? "thanks for your music...very inspiring"? :huh:

Monk Lite: Now with only 1/3 the calories? :lol:

Hans is a true craftsman of Monksmanship. He has distilled the greaseyness of monk into a light canola oil. Canola oil is, of course, much healthier than pan drippings or lard. It is music for the new millenium.