BFT 39 Signup

Dan Gould

Hearing from Mike Weil that his August holiday plans would necessitate an early shipment of BFT discs leads me to suspect that there may be others in a similar situation. So if its OK, I'd like to open up this signup thread for those who plan to be out of town for some portion of August and would still like to participate in my BFT.

Since I offered to switch places and take over the August slot it dawned on me that August is pretty much the slowest month around the 'O' so I'd like to ensure maximum participation in this BFT. I just completed the selections and sequencing and I am rather pleased with the resulting flow of tunes across the two discs.

So, anyone who is interested in early BFT 39 service, please email dangould@hotmail.com with your particulars. If you are interested in using yousendit.com as delivery service for MP3s, please indicate. I haven't uploaded anything yet but if there is interest I certainly will use it.

Apologies to Matt for starting in on this early, thanks for your consideration, and of course the discussion threads will not be started until the appropriate time.

UPDATE:

Current signups (snail mail) (italics signifies early shipment):

Bright Moments

dutchmanx

mikeweil

Magnificent Goldberg

Stereo Jack

Stefan Wood

Durium

Jim R.

Jim S.

Current signups (yousendit download division):

Tooter

King Ubu

Steven

marcoliv

couw

Sidewinder

md6553221

Edited by Dan Gould

Since Mike has updated the master BFT thread with this as the official signup thread, I might as well bump it up and make sure folks know that BFT 39 is open for business, and I'm still providing early mailing service for those at the far reaches of the galaxy (or just heading out of town in August). :g

Up for more.

Any interest from the usual BFT contingent? couw? Jim R.? Jim S.? I got some good (good) stuff on here and some good (weird) stuff too! :g

He's tellin' the truth! Some nice nuts nuts to crack, some weird stuff, some of the type that makes you kick your ..... for not recognizing the players instantly .....

that said: Dan: the discs arrived here today. Thanks for prompt service. :tup I will have an internet connection and a hi-fi at my disposal in the house where we stay from the 14th, so everything will be fine. Been listening to disc one this afternoon, a real fun compilation, I nailed one track so far.

Up for more.

Any interest from the usual BFT contingent? couw? Jim R.? Jim S.? I got some good (good) stuff on here and some good (weird) stuff too! :g

He's tellin' the truth! Some nice nuts nuts to crack, some weird stuff, some of the type that makes you kick your ..... for not recognizing the players instantly .....

that said: Dan: the discs arrived here today. Thanks for prompt service. :tup I will have an internet connection and a hi-fi at my disposal in the house where we stay from the 14th, so everything will be fine. Been listening to disc one this afternoon, a real fun compilation, I nailed one track so far.

wow that was fast, Mike. Glad you're digging disc 1.

Only 10 people so far?

C'mon, its a good BFT, I swear. How about you, Free For All? I picked out a couple of trombone cuts with you in mind ...

did I catch this correctly and there is an electronic distribution in place? Then please let me in on that. I do not expect to have much time for listening let alone commenting, but I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Only 10 people so far?

C'mon, its a good BFT, I swear. How about you, Free For All? I picked out a couple of trombone cuts with you in mind ...

did I catch this correctly and there is an electronic distribution in place? Then please let me in on that. I do not expect to have much time for listening let alone commenting, but I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Yes, I plan to upload two zip files of high quality MP3 (320 KBS) files to yousendit.com. I'll send the link to the email we've corresponded on if that's OK. Look for it by the end of next week, and thanks.

Anyone else?

OK, its now August 1, the traditional date of new BFT signups, so I'm sure all of the missing people are going to jump in now, right? :)

This means you, Jim R.! I "saw" you back on the board just a few minutes ago, I know you're here, and I did pick a couple of gee-tar tracks just for you. So join in the fun, allright?

Seriously, non-US snail mail signups have all shipped. US people will ship by the end of the week, when I will also post two zip files to yousendit

So there's still time for folks to get in on the fun!

Hey Dan, sorry I haven't gotten around to responding yet. I just got back from two weeks on Maui. :P We're still busy tying up loose ends around here, and I'll be away again for part of this month (not sure exactly when as of now), but I guess I'll have enough time to listen, post my usual incoherent babble, and proceed to wonder how I missed 97% of the answers. ^_^ I'll PM ya.

You Send It files have been uploaded!

The five participants who requested yousendit service should be receiving emails.

Anyone interested in using the downloading option who haven't signed up, please PM and I will send you the URL for the downloads. The files will be available for seven days starting today.

Also, any late participants who prefer disc service are still welcomed, although I'll be out of town this weekend and unable to oblige before Monday the 7th.

Please post here to confirm receipt of the download or the discs (all of which have been mailed) and I hope to open the discussion thread sometime next week. :rlol

Edited by Dan Gould

Now we got a party going.

Jim S. is in!!

:party::party::g

Whew, I just read this after typing up my "answers" (as I recall, there are no "answers" coming from me this time around ^_^ ), and now I'm really glad that I didn't attempt to identify many (any?) of the tenor players...