Blue Tones

brownie

Wanna Monk's 'Straight No Chaser' for your mobile phone ring tone?

From AP:

BLUE NOTE RECORDS RELEASING JAZZ RING TONES

Blue Note Records, home to recordings by classic jazz artists such as Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Art Blakey and Chet Baker, has begun releasing select cuts from its trove of recordings for use on mobile phones.

The move is part of an initiative by the label, a unit of Britain's EMI Music, dubbed "The Best of Blue Tones," and marks the first time samples culled from the master recordings have been available for customizing mobile phone sounds.

In all, the label has released cuts from 24 jazz tracks, including Blakey's "Dat Dere," Baker's "My Funny Valentine," Monk's "Straight No Chaser," and Davis' "Move."

Initially, the tracks will be offered only through major mobile phone carriers in the United States, but should be made available through international mobile operators shortly, the label said.

Blue Note plans to release more mobile phone-tailored samples from other tracks in the future.

Blue Note Records, home to recordings by classic jazz artists such as Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Art Blakey and Chet Baker...

Didn't those three also record for Concord as well?

All four of the three did.

MG

Well, I consider Miles a Sony act.

done this already myself as my phone as bluetooth connection. I can send my fav mp3 to the phone and make it my ring tone.I had the sidewinder and then got bored of waiting for the trumpet so stuck Quincy Jones' Soul Bossa Nova on ( the one from Austin Powers) ..now on the music from the film Amelie.

It is dead simple now the technology is there and there was nothing nicer than a little bit of Alligator Boogaloo as a ring tone

AND ITS FREE!

AND ITS FREE!

Not if you're a Verizon Wireless US customer, and have a newer phone.

They have purposely disabled the ability to transfer files (mp3, jpg, etc) to some phones via Bluetooth or USB connections. You have to use their network to do this, and of course, they charge for that. But, I've heard (:w) there are ways around these restrictions.

My phone is on vibrate most of the time (or OFF), so ringtones don't matter much to me.

done this already myself as my phone as bluetooth connection. I can send my fav mp3 to the phone and make it my ring tone.I had the sidewinder and then got bored of waiting for the trumpet so stuck Quincy Jones' Soul Bossa Nova on ( the one from Austin Powers) ..now on the music from the film Amelie.

It is dead simple now the technology is there and there was nothing nicer than a little bit of Alligator Boogaloo as a ring tone

AND ITS FREE!

Teach me. :)

AND ITS FREE!

Teach me. :)

He's a good teacher - very patient...

MG