NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's anything to regret it would be the strange playcalling in the second half where Brady was in shotgun formation for much of it. The team has so much confidence in Brady that it isn't funny. I can understand that, but it's good not to score too fast. Get a few running plays in and let the D get a good blow on the sidelines. Strange offensive playcalls on the part of the Pats.

Agreed. Don't understand why the Pats didn't try to run in the second half, keeping the ball away from Indy. I recall Jints-Bills, SB XXV (1991). NYG were heavy underdogs and offensively outgunned. The very first thing Parcells (adios, Bill; I used to love ya, but got sick of your travelling show) said re. game plan was "Shorten the game"....

If there's anything to regret it would be the strange playcalling in the second half where Brady was in shotgun formation for much of it. The team has so much confidence in Brady that it isn't funny. I can understand that, but it's good not to score too fast. Get a few running plays in and let the D get a good blow on the sidelines. Strange offensive playcalls on the part of the Pats.

Agreed. Don't understand why the Pats didn't try to run in the second half, keeping the ball away from Indy. I recall Jints-Bills, SB XXV (1991). NYG were heavy underdogs and offensively outgunned. The very first thing Parcells (adios, Bill; I used to love ya, but got sick of your travelling show) said re. game plan was "Shorten the game"....

Especially on the next to last drive, when a first down would have won the game. Three straight passes. The first two were caught, but why risk an incomplete that stops the clock? Then on 3rd and 4, another pass, which was incomplete and stopped the clock. Maybe it didn't make a difference, but the least they could have done was get the clock down to the 2 minute warning or force Indy to use a timeout.

right now

i kinda like the bears and the seven points....

:cool:

I'm gonna wait for more info on the injury lists, but am inclined to lay the points:

1) With the Pat monkey finally off their backs, Indy might explode with a big 60-minute effort;

2) I got the impression, watching yesterday, that Da Bears are scared to death every time Rex throws the ball. I just don't trust that dude. His big completions vs. NO didn't impress me, because the Saints DB they picked on was really out to lunch.

One thing in Chi's favor is their bye during "wild card weekend"; maybe they'll be healthier/fresher.

Edited by T.D.

Parcells' legacy with the Cowboys can be framed this way: Instead of joining Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as coaches who led them to championships, he leaves lumped with Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. I think he has done more for the Cowboys than either of those two. I think at the very least he's toughened them up mentally (with the exception of Bird Brain Owens). I will say I think he's better at acquiring talent than he is as a game day coach.

contract negotiations between parcells and the cowboys had recently broken down.

here's a recent SI article on parcells by peter king.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ells/index.html

Edited by alocispepraluger102