NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Moss is just sick! :P

Are you gonna tell us what he did, or is it a secret??

He caught two jumpball TDs while doubleteamed on both plays. Sick, I tell you!

against the 0-7 dolphins - c'mon paul get real - moss would have been better covered by northwestern high school's (#1 ranked nationally) football team.

<_<

Randy Moss is just sick! :P

Are you gonna tell us what he did, or is it a secret??

He caught two jumpball TDs while doubleteamed on both plays. Sick, I tell you!

against the 0-7 dolphins - c'mon paul get real - moss would have been better covered by northwestern high school's (#1 ranked nationally) football team.

<_<

You know better than others that Miami plays us tough every year!

Note to Belichek -

When you have a 38 point lead with 9 minutes left in the game, it's probably smart to get your starting QB and other skill position starters out of the game. Was that TD really that necessary? If Brady got hurt and lost for the season at this point in the game, it would all be on your shoulders.

Note to Belichek -

When you have a 38 point lead with 9 minutes left in the game, it's probably smart to get your starting QB and other skill position starters out of the game. Was that TD really that necessary? If Brady got hurt and lost for the season at this point in the game, it would all be on your shoulders.

We still have to score the F-you touchdown. It's the mantra for 2007-8.

We can't help it if opposing offenses go 3 and out and our offense has to sprint back on the field. We even put our "circus" offense on the field in the red zone (Junior Seau and fullback and Mike Vrabel at tightend.)

There was a funny moment when we had our circus offense in for a few plays then after being unsuccessful on a couple of plays, in trotted Stallworth, Moss and Welker. :lol:

Hey!

Niners only lose by three touchdowns!

Isn't that GREAT?

<_<

Actually it is, GS. NE has San Fran's first round draft pick in next year's draft? Will it fall into the top 10? Right now, it looks like it.

Rich get richer.... (fuck you Goodell!) :P

Edited by connoisseur series500

I really like Emmit Smith. He's a really good guy, but he absolutely SUCKS as a color commentator for ESPN on Monday Night Football. Pro Football Weekly keeps a running tab of his errors, mistatements and malapropisms.

Here is a selection:

Emmitt: "You will get blowed out. And if you get blowed out, it is your fault."

Here's a screamingly funny live version: http://www.profootballtalk.com/emmitt.mp3

I love their critique of the clowns at ESPN.

Here's more:

Tonight's drinking game? Bend one at the elbow whenever the Pats-Colts game is mentioned. (Paramedics throughout the country are on standby.)

then later....

A reader says that he's already finished off two beers during the drinking game.

and later...

A reader asks what Florio Jr. is going to be for Halloween. I'm thinking Mike Ditka while calling a Monday night game and scratching his junk.

A record number of readers are already wasted.

Emmitt also says that Donald Driver needs to "rightsize" the ship tonight.

New drinking game -- Favre/Cutler comparisons.

:lol:

Hey!

Isn't that GREAT?

<_<

Actually it is, GS. NE has San Fran's first round draft pick in next year's draft? Will it fall into the top 10? Right now, it looks like it.

Yeah, yeah.

You Cle'lan fans just fry me.

Oh and thhhbbbtttt back atcha :P

Hey!

Isn't that GREAT?

<_<

Yeah, yeah.

You Cle'lan fans just fry me.

Oh and thhhbbbtttt back atcha :P

Who is a Cleveland fan? :blink:

Then of course the NFL Network people get their criticism too. This on Mike Ditka: (quoted from Patsfans.com)

Also watching Mike Ditka is becoming painful, Trey Wingo had to ask him a question 4 times before he finally got it and he's spitting all over the place and starting new sentences before he finishes the first one. Get this man a rocking chair and a bib.

If you've ever heard Ditka speak, you'd have to laugh at the above quote. He never seems to finish his sentences.

I think he's worth it. Don't you, Agg?

Yeah I think so. It's just been wild seeing him go from an undrafted 3rd stringer to starter (and a decent one at that) in such a relatively quick time. He's still basically started only one season (17 games total), so he's got some room for further improvement. I guess my concern would be that he doesn't flame out too quickly.

He's been living the celebrity lifestyle - dating Carrie Underwood, Jessica Simpson, and apparently meeting up with Britney Spears of all people (blech!) this weekend. I think he'll be fine as long as he keeps enough of his focus on the game, and not the Broadway Joe life.

Wow. I just looked up the details on Romo's contract, because I've always been inclined to view (non-guaranteed) football contracts as funny money compared with other sports. But Romo's deal is 6 years, $67 MM, with $30 MM guaranteed money. That seems pretty darn good for Romo. I didn't know football contracts had been including so much in guarantees.

However, I also saw some comps: Marc Bulger, Rams, 6 years, $65 MM, $27 MM guaranteed; Matt Schaub, Texans, 6 years, $48 MM, guarantee not disclosed. That looks like a decent deal for the Cowboys, since Schaub had barely played before this season and Romo arguably has a brighter future (much brighter IMO) than Bulger.

Loved the ending of MNF last night...first play of overtime Favre throws an 82 yard bomb for a touchdown...it's those type of moments that keep me watching football.

Me too!!

The first TD pass early in the game wasn't too shabby either.

Go Packers. Even had a semblance of a running game last night.

He's been living the celebrity lifestyle - dating Carrie Underwood, Jessica Simpson, and apparently meeting up with Britney Spears of all people (blech!) this weekend.

Talk about lowering your expectations. Criminey!

Loved the ending of MNF last night...first play of overtime Favre throws an 82 yard bomb for a touchdown...it's those type of moments that keep me watching football.

It's hard not to like the Packers and it's great to see Favre having a "comeback" year of sorts, but as a Lions fan, I was really hoping the Broncos would pull that one out. As soon as it went into overtime and the Packers won the toss, however, I knew it was over. Favre wasn't going to let that one slip away.