NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals WR Chris Henry got into a domestic dispute with his fiance today. Apparently while she was leaving their home, he got into the back of the pickup truck she was driving, and then at some point fell out as she drove off.

He's now on life support, supposedly only until his mother gets there to see him, then they'll pull the plug.

Sad day for his three children and mother.

He had some troubles in his past, but seemed to have turned a corner for the most part in the past couple of years...part of which he attributed to the fiance.

Very sad to hear he passed away. This shouldn't have happened at all. RIP.

Wow - the Cowboys beat the Saints tonight, 24-17. I'm still in shock. The Cowboys came out aggressive and never let up, which is sorta new for them.

Ware and Spencer each had 2 sacks on Brees, and he fumbled twice as well. Plus Brees threw a pick on a long bomb that cost them a score. Romo looked solid, and has had a great December, which is new for him, too.

I don't know if the Saints were off, or the Cowboys just outplayed them, or both. But regardless, the Saints' undefeated season is over, and the Cowboys are 9-5. Hopefully they can use the energy from this win and carry it into the remaining two games.

Wow - the Cowboys beat the Saints tonight, 24-17. I'm still in shock. The Cowboys came out aggressive and never let up, which is sorta new for them.

Ware and Spencer each had 2 sacks on Brees, and he fumbled twice as well. Plus Brees threw a pick on a long bomb that cost them a score. Romo looked solid, and has had a great December, which is new for him, too.

I don't know if the Saints were off, or the Cowboys just outplayed them, or both. But regardless, the Saints' undefeated season is over, and the Cowboys are 9-5. Hopefully they can use the energy from this win and carry it into the remaining two games.

Congratulations Agg! That's one less team that will match the Pat's undefeated season. Nice win for the 'boys.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Exciting end to the Steelers/Packers game. Big Ben threw for over 500 yards, and the last TD was a beauty - the WR was falling out of bounds and got both toes down, as the clock ran out. After the review, play was upheld, they kick the extra point and win the game.

That was an incredible catch. Another perfect throw like last year's game winning toss to Santonio Holmes. The Steelers wouldn't have needed it if they hadn't booted the the on-sides kick they tried when they had the lead w/ 2 minutes to go. WTF was Tomlin thinking there?

I was at a sports bar watching the games. My prime focus was on the New England game, but I would hear cheers from the crowd watching the Cleveland/KC game. It seems that the whole game was made up of big plays. Both sides were making big plays. I left before the Green Bay/Pittsburgh game. Both teams were represented by loud fans at the bar.

The Raidazzz have been miserable for quite a bit, so I can somewhat relate to the misery of the Lions. But really OAK and WASH have had far more moments in the sun than DET, and more recently.

As far as your Pistons go, BruceW--you've got 3/5 starters hurt in Gordon/Prince/Hamilton. That's the heart and soul of the team!

The Raidazzz have been miserable for quite a bit, so I can somewhat relate to the misery of the Lions. But really OAK and WASH have had far more moments in the sun than DET, and more recently.

As far as your Pistons go, BruceW--you've got 3/5 starters hurt in Gordon/Prince/Hamilton. That's the heart and soul of the team!

I would love to think that Prince and Hamilton would make the difference but I am afraid that the middle is shot. Big Ben is old, Kwame is still inadequate and a coach who doesn't realize who his best forwards are. Oh me (laugh)

Merry Christmas

BruceW

Eagles. Season. Over.

No way they come back and win next week. Oh and hey NFL - how about having a rule, a la Major League Baseball, where the WC winner cannot play their division winner in the first round? How weird is it that both NFC wild card games* will be a rematch of week 17's games??

*And if the Jets hold on to their 27-0 half time lead over the Bengals their AFC WC game w/ be a week 17 rematch too.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

The NFL does have that rule. I remember it from way back when Wild Cards were first added to the League. However, they have either very quietly changed it or is allowing television to dictate who plays who. Or the commentators are ignoring it and are afraid to speak up about it.

BruceW

Eagles. Season. Over.

No way they come back and win next week. Oh and hey NFL - how about having a rule, a la Major League Baseball, where the WC winner cannot play their division winner in the first round? How weird is it that both NFC wild card games* will be a rematch of week 17's games??

*And if the Jets hold on to their 27-0 half time lead over the Bengals their AFC WC game w/ be a week 17 rematch too.

One of the guys I work with is a big Philadelphia fan and he was disgusted this morning; he hated Reid and McNabb before this and this just reinforced it.