NFL chat thread

At least Green Bay won. My Eagles just lost their second in a row. Andy Reid needs to enroll in some sort of run therapy class. The Birds threw the ball 56 times today and ran 13. I'm sorry, but you can't win consistently in the NFL without a more balanced attack. Reid just doesn't get it. Never has. Between this, his clock management and his penchant for wasting challenges, the Eagles have no hope. The guy has got to go. Please, Mr. Lurie, dispense with Andy when his contract is up at the end of this season. He's more than outlived his usefulness.

Up over and out.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England takes a 10 point lead into halftime.

If you count the opening game of the season where Buffalo was 0-0, Indy is the sixth undefeated team that NE has played so far this season. New Orleans might be the seventh when they play in two weeks.

Week 1 Buffalo 0-0

Week 2 NY Jets 1-0

Week 3 Atlanta 2-0

Week 4 Baltimore 3-0

Week 5 Denver 4-0

Week 9 Indy 8-0

Week 11 New Orleans 10-0?

Tough game to lose.

Maroney doesn't lose the ball in the endzone and the game is over.

Strange call by Belichick. Obviously, it wasn't the right call to make.

Hope we can bounce back from this one. Lot of work ahead.

Colts lucked out on this one, but you also make your own luck.

I'm off to bed. Early clinical tomorrow.

Strange call by Belichick. Obviously, it wasn't the right call to make.

I think that was the play of the game right there. Poor decision by Belichick - not sure any other coach in the NFL would have called that at that point in the game, at that spot on the field. Arrogance?

But they just got robbed - Romo was hit and fumbled the ball, and Felix Jones recovered the fumble and was down by contact. After he was down, someone stripped him of the ball and the Pack recovered.

Cowboys challenged the call, and the replays clearly showed Jones was down, with possession. But after going under the hood, the refs came back and said they couldn't review it, and gave the Pack the ball, 1st and Goal. Not sure why that type of play can't be reviewable, that makes no sense. The refs blew the initial call, which isn't the Cowboys' fault.

So instead of it being 10-0 Pack, GB scored a TD and it's not 17-0. Cowboys had a chance at 10-0 to remain in the game, but not at 17-0, with 10 minutes left. Sigh.

NFL admits to making a mistake on the play where they gave the ball to the Pack instead of the Cowboys, which resulted in the final Pack td.

They also messed up another play, where the Packers challenged a play, but were out of challenges. They should have been penalized for that, but weren't.

Jeez.

In his press conference, Belichick says, "We thought we could win the game on that play."

Hard to believe he didn't consider the flip side of that: he could essentially lose the game on that play, which is exactly what happened.

Poor, poor decision.

They seemed a little muddled at the end of the game in several spots -- having to call a TO before even beginning that drive, for instance. And did they have a time out left when the Colts were driving at the end? If so, he should have burned it and basically let them score to get the ball back.

What a game.

Wow, what an amazing comeback by the Colts!

I was surprised the Pats went for that fourth down, but they had some balls to try.

I thought the first thing we do, as men, is protect our balls. :crazy:

Bilichick loses another close one with another bad decision.

A capper to a night gone bad. Pats team bus hits parked police car on way out. Oop!

... And did they have a time out left when the Colts were driving at the end? If so, he should have burned it and basically let them score to get the ball back.

for the record, they did not have a time out left.

the juxtaposition of events which led to this only happen once in a lifetime.

the bobbled ball incredibly at the first down marker.

being just a second or two below the 2 minute warning, where a coach could call for a replay.

i'm thinking that 90 times or more of 100, belichek made what would have been the correct call.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Nothing will ever rattle Peyton

Peyton with 30 yards for a TD and 2 minutes = $$$$

Peyton is $$ at home in a loud stadium. At Foxborough, this game would have been a blow out.

Thing is, it came close to being a blow out in Indy, but the Colts wouldn't roll over and the Pats couldn't deliver the knockout punch.

As for the QBs, in my mind, Brady throws a nicer ball while Manning has more field sense, more killer instinct, more control of the game. Once the Pats left the door wide open, Manning did what Manning does and turned out the lights. Great game. Really enjoyed watching it and just hated to see either team lose. Hope they meet again in the playoffs.

Pats fans never give credit when they lose

The Colts are like 5/6 - 1 vs Pats in the last 6/7 meetings

Brady / Moss threw up big numbers last night and still didn't win

Peyton makes Reggie Wayne look small in the post game interview

Peyton has a 2 foot noggin

If they play again in the post season it will be in Indy with the same results

IMO