• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if they went 16-0 they didn't win the Super Bowl game

The biggest single game of the season

I bet they would settle for 17-1 or 16-2 if the won the SB

All IMO

In isolation, it doesn't mean as much; but when you add it in with 3 Super Bowl wins over the prior 5 years, it does add to a tremendous run by a tremendous team.

Heck, I'm sure you would be jumping for joy if your team could finish with an 8 win season. :tophat:

I remember when the Pats stunk; they stunk for many years. But the achievements under the Bob Kraft/Bill Belichick tenure is absolutely amazing. They won 3 SB in 4 years; had a 16-0 reg season in 07. Had a winning streak of 18 games (2003-4) followed by one of 19 straight wins. They currently own the second longest streak in NFL history of not losing two games in a row--SF 49ers avoided two straight defeats for 80 games; right now, the Pats are at 68 or 69. They hold the NFL record of most wins in a 5-year span (77-17 over the 2003-7 seasons.)

I mean, you can add it all up. Rarely have you ever seen such an extended record of excellence on the football field.

So you can hold your nose up in the air, SS1, and talk about that 16-0 season w/ a super Bowl loss as meaningless. I just see it as adding more accomplishment to an already illustrious portfolio.

There will be a time when the team stinks again, but it won't happen while Kraft and Bill Belichick run the team.

And look out...this team will be in the Super Bowl again this year. Brady and Co. are finally working out the kinks in the offense; and the defense is getting better game by game.

Edited by connoisseur series500

I dunno, you guys just cut Tully BantaCain, Joey Galloway, and Mike Matthews.

Tully is back with the team.

They've cleared up a couple of roster spots for whom?

Tate and Levoir are coming off PUP, but perhaps there's also a trade in the works?

Edited by connoisseur series500

Trust me i ain't comparing the Browns and the Pats

Two teams going in totally opposite directions

We are a total mess from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top

But an 0-16 Browns team is better than no Browns team

Themzz my dawgs

Well said!

I felt the same way when the Pats were going through one dismal season to another.

There will be a time when the team stinks again, but it won't happen while Kraft and Bill Belichick run the team.

I don't know about that as sometimes the game passes by great football minds. Shula and Landry are a couple of examples and there are more. Granted it may be many years before that happens to Belichick, but it happens to most, even the great ones.

I love to see all the teams wear their throwback uniforms. Especially the Patriots because I hate their blue uniforms.

Let me say, if anybody cares, that as far as I've seen, the other AFL teams are wearing 1960 uniforms, but the Patriots are wearing 1962 uniforms.

In 1960 the jersey was solid red. In 1961 they added the UCLA stripes, two whites surrounding a blue. In 1962 they changed the stripes to make it two blues surrounding a white.

Let me say, if anybody cares, that as far as I've seen, the other AFL teams are wearing 1960 uniforms, but the Patriots are wearing 1962 uniforms.

I saw (what I believe to be) the Chargers' throwback road uniforms today, and they aren't from 1960 either. In 1960 (and '61) the jerseys had the lightning bolts on the shoulders, but not the wide powder blue stripes surrounding them.

I don't recall ever seeing those stripes before. I believe that they are the throwback unies because they were playing the Chiefs.

Edited by GA Russell

The Eagles started out like a house on fire, lost Brian Westbrook, and now their offense has almost totally shut down. Thank God the Redskins are in turnover mode or this would be another close game. I'll believe the Eagles win only when the fat lady sings, not before. Any team that can lose to the Oakland Raiders is capable of just about anything. Down with Andy Reid. Up with Bill Cowher.

Up over and out.