NFL chat thread

ESPN reported this morning that Cowher was being courted by an NFC South team. Atlanta and New Orleans are not in the market which leaves only Tampa Bay and Carolina. Based on the fact that Tampa already has a new head coach, that leaves Carolina and Jack Del Rio who has been around since before there was dirt. I'll tell you one thing, I'd like to be Cowher or even his agent if Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones got into a bidding war for my services.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten days ago I heard two sports commentators talking on Sirius about the Broncos. They felt that nine wins would get you into the playoffs. I would make it ten, but in this case the point is moot.

Their point was that the Broncos still have to play the Raiders twice and the Chiefs twice. They considered these games sure victories.

I assume that they still need to play those four games. They have already won six. So by the commentators' thinking, the Broncos are already in the playoffs even if they go into a slump for the rest of the year, so long as they don't become so pitiful as to lose to the Chiefs and the Raiders.

So no big deal that they lost today.

So no big deal that they lost today.

I think it's too early to say that. Going into the playoffs as a Division champ versus a Wild Card is a big difference. You get a bye the first weekend of the playoff for one.

Their record is very good, and if they continue to play well the rest of the regular season, they may sew up the Division anyway, so it *may* not matter. But if they limp into the playoffs as the lowest seeded wild card, they could be out very quickly.

But if they limp into the playoffs as the lowest seeded wild card, they could be out very quickly.

Aggie, I certainly agree that a team that enters the playoffs on a losing streak is a poor choice to bet on.

But a couple of years ago both the Steelers and the Giants played all of their playoff games on the road on their way to winning the Super Bowl (I'm pretty sure).

OK...three words:

Alex FUCKING Smith.

I have absolutely no idea why the Niners owners/Yorks are so in love with this loser. I mean, is he blackmailing them with pictures of them in the nude? He was out all year last year and we Niners fans breathed a sigh of relief when we [erroneously] thought the Yorks were actually going to make a sound football decision and put him on waivers.

Surprise! They kept his fucking mediocre ass instead....now he's the starter? WTF???

He was a piece of happy feet crap for the first two years. Now, he is an even larger piece overthrowing, fumbling, interception prone piece of crap now. Three games of this shit and I am ready to boycott the Niners. Today's display of piss poor quarterbacking sent me into a stompin' fit. A crash-and-burn tragedy on two legs.

We fans have already seen this shit...and for two long years. Alex Smith is a hopeless loser, fer crissakes. This is now the seventh year in a rebuilding season. What a crock.

I'll be back in the stadium when the York Family finally gets serious about putting a winning product on the football field.

The bastards.

Grrrrr :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by GoodSpeak

Chiefs finally got rid of Larry Johnson. About friggin time! He's been a major pain for a long time. He may yet find some life in his career with another team (I feel bad for anyone playing for the Chiefs these days) but at least he's no longer KC's problem (they have plenty of other problems).

And what's happening w/the Bears? They look awful.

Geaux Saints!

Chiefs finally got rid of Larry Johnson. About friggin time! He's been a major pain for a long time. He may yet find some life in his career with another team (I feel bad for anyone playing for the Chiefs these days) but at least he's no longer KC's problem (they have plenty of other problems).

And what's happening w/the Bears? They look awful.

Geaux Saints!

Yeah...how 'bout them Saints?

Seriously....I think it would be really cool to see them in the Super Bowl this year :tup:g

Edited by GoodSpeak

So far the Cowboys haven't played well at all today versus the Pack. Lost perhaps their most consistent O lineman, Marc Columbo, to a broken fibula. Mike Jenkins, their best cornerback, went out of the game, as did safety Ken Hamlin.

But they just got robbed - Romo was hit and fumbled the ball, and Felix Jones recovered the fumble and was down by contact. After he was down, someone stripped him of the ball and the Pack recovered.

Cowboys challenged the call, and the replays clearly showed Jones was down, with possession. But after going under the hood, the refs came back and said they couldn't review it, and gave the Pack the ball, 1st and Goal. Not sure why that type of play can't be reviewable, that makes no sense. The refs blew the initial call, which isn't the Cowboys' fault.

So instead of it being 10-0 Pack, GB scored a TD and it's not 17-0. Cowboys had a chance at 10-0 to remain in the game, but not at 17-0, with 10 minutes left. Sigh.

Edited by Aggie87