NFL chat thread

Patriots in their last two games are not playing like a team that is going to remain undefeated.

They'll win the Super Bowl but the 0 will go.

Ravens are playing a good game.

After tonight, the Pats have the Steelers, Jets, Dolphins, and Giants to go in the regular season.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Ravens had a golden opportunity to win, but came apart at the seams in the last few minutes. Also some poor management from the sidelines.

That poor management cost them the game. Had they not called timeout on that 4th down play, the Ravens stopped the Pats and run the clock out and win.

They deserved to win.

edit - Plus, that last Pats TD didn't look like a TD to me. He didn't have full possession of the ball.

Edited by Aggie87

Pats had a bad game--offense, defense, Brady, all the receivers and their dropped balls...

Still, they find a way to win the game. Baltimore was mugging the receivers all game. It was only a matter of time before they would get flagged.

It was a close call on Gaff's TD. His feet were in but it looked like he was shifting the ball from one hand to another.

I don't know if they'll finish the season undefeated. They haven't played well over the last two games. Still, these tough games are good for them.

Good teams like the Pats find a way to win. Bad teams like the Ravens find a way to lose.

I don't know if they'll finish the season undefeated. They haven't played well over the last two games. Still, these tough games are good for them.

If they put these two games behind them and get past the Steelers, I still believe its clear sailing. They could rest some regulars and beat the Jets and Dolphins each by 35. And it actually looks like the Giants may not have that much to play for in the season finale, as they might clinch the wild card and even home field advantage for the WC playoff before.

I made an ironic statement to my wife at the start of the game when the Pat's had two receivers drop passes in the end zone and they settled for the FG. I said to her, "its unlikely that those four points will make a difference in the end" and all I could think about in the fourth quarter was the fact that the game would be tied, if only ...

:g

edit - Plus, that last Pats TD didn't look like a TD to me. He didn't have full possession of the ball.

Several posters on the Patriots chatboard said that even if they hadn't ruled the catch a TD, the Pats would have been first and goal at the 2 yard line based on the Baltimore Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties. Pats likely would have punched it in from there with a full set of downs.

edit: plus they would have used up most of the remaining :44 in doing so. The Ravens would have had no time to attempt a comeback.

Edited by connoisseur series500

You're likely right, Conn.

I do hope you realize though how big that unlucky timeout call by the Ravens coaching staff was. You could see in their player's reaction how significant that was. Had the play counted, the Ravens win.

Brady claimed in the postgame press conference (I saw it on NFLN) that he knew the timeout had been called when the play started. Don't really know if he was serious or not. The reporter then asked him what would have happened if a time out had not been called. His response: "We would have gotten a first down!"

My take: sure it was lucky. Lots of luck make up a football game. In the end, good times find a way to win; bad teams implode once they have the game in hand.

Aloc and I will be sweating when our teams line up against each other this Sunday. I dislike the Steelers but I respect them. And I even might be able to stand them just because they're Aloc's team.

Cowboys were lucky to escape with a 28-27 win over Detroit today. The Lions outplayed the Cowboys in terms of effort for sure.

The Cowboys seemed to have reverted to a very conservative gameplan on both offense and defense for some reason, instead of being typically aggressive.

Kitna certainly "won" the battle of words between him and the Cowboys' Bradie James and Terence Newman though. I don't think he got sacked at all today, which has to be a first for the Lions this season.

Eagles, Panthers, and Redskins remain on the schedule. The Boys could easily be 14-1 going into the finale against the Skins, and depending on whether they choose to rest their starters in that game, 15-1.

Still a damn impressive season so far, despite being in the shadows of the Patriots' success. Though everyone else in the league is in that same shadow.

Edited by Aggie87

Hill showed a glimmer of promise for the hapless Niners. What a bunch of losers.

Grrrr :angry:

How about this for next year:

Ted Tollner as Offensive Coordinator

Mooch back as head coach. [Yeah, he ain't much but at least he understood the concept of "defense"]

Make the current Offensive Coordinator the new parking lot attendant.

Send Nolan packing....maybe get him a head coaching spot on a neighboring junior high school flag football team.

The Yorks go back to the banking biz and sell the team to somebody with some football sense. Or we can have a "Slap the Yorks Day" after the second win of next season.

Free hot dogs and beer for all 49ers fans for the duration of next season....as an apology.

Can't beleive this is the same Ravens team that has almost beaten the Patriots last week.

Check back through the Patriot schedule this year and you'll find that many of the teams played terribly after losing to the Patriots. It's as if their spirits had been broken. I include the Colts in that category. They lost to San Diego after losing to the Patriots. The only team which didn't seem devastated was Dallas, who seemed to get even better afterwards.

Cowboys were lucky to escape with a 28-27 win over Detroit today. The Lions outplayed the Cowboys in terms of effort for sure.

To me, this was a game that had meaning. I'm hearing locals mentioning in in the same breath as the Buffalo game, but there's no comparison in my book. That game was a lackluster, goofy, even, effort against a team that could/should have easily been beaten. This game was different - Detroit came to play and brought their A+ game. Detroit is not an untalented team, and today, the buzzsaw effect was in full force. Without some top-notch Dalls redzone defense forcing FGs, the Cowboys might well have been trounced beyond recognition. As it was, it was definitely shaping up to be one of those classic "On Any Given Sunday..." games.

Instead, they got some help from a missed FG, were able to overcome Witten's shoke fumble, and come back, cooly and calmly, and get it done at the very lest second. It didn't have to go that way, it maybe shouldn't have gone that way, but it did go that way.

I've maintained from jump that this was a very good team in the process of possibly becoming great, taht there would be hurdles and tests along the way. This was definitely one of them, I think, and I was impressed at how they got over it.

What I'm waiting to see now is next week against the Eagles, a team that's been playing like a wounded dog all season. If Dallas rides in too high from this week's in my mind significant step forward, they might get knocked back down and chewed up quicker than they can do anything about it.

Like the man said, that's why they play the games...