NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've got the NFL Network, so I can give you guys some updates. ;) Of course it means that I have to listen to Bryant Gumbel. :bad:

they didnt get rid of him? unreal.

redskins going to funeral early next week and play next thursday night.

dick enberg is doing the radio broadcast on westwood one radio. dick is still very competent. think i'll listen to him.

So I guess anyone who doesn't have the NFL network won't be seeing the GB/Dallas game, is that correct?

That really sucks. :tdown

We're getting the NFL Network feed on local braodcast TV as we speak.

This must be a last minute thing, because my son was sure that it was gonna be a sports bar night for him and proceeded accordingly...

Dallas is dominating the ballgame so far, and Favre is spraying the ball all over the field with little inaccuracy. I tell you what...Cowboy are scary good. As a Pats fan, I want no part of this team. I have little doubt that we'll run into them again in the Super Bowl. They are easily the second best team in the league, and they have the weapons to upset the Patriots, if they don't bring their "A" game.

As a mitigating factor, the Cowboys have been fortunate that their big games (Packers, Patriots) were scheduled at home. It's an advantage. The crowd is LOUD!

Oops! As I type, Ryan Grant has just broken through on a long run for a touchdown. Cowboys: 13 Packers 10.

So I guess anyone who doesn't have the NFL network won't be seeing the GB/Dallas game, is that correct?

That really sucks. :tdown

This must be a last minute thing, because my son was sure that it was gonna be a sports bar night for him and proceeded accordingly...

That's a local thing only in the Dallas area. The rest of Texas that normally gets Cowboys games (like Austin, San Antonio, Corpus) aren't getting it.

:lol: Dad's been had! OK, maybe he didn't really know,

but on the occasional time that I've checked TV for weather, etc

during the week it's been mentioned as a local broadcast.

Don't know if there's a stream, but folks can Google Channel 27 and Dallas

and see if it's online.

i will listen to it on the computer drom nfl.com...it might not be a bad thing. come to think of it, i wont miss all the bleeping graphics and promos, and stupid guest interviews...

aloc, that's how I feel listening to the CFL games each week on the internet! And I love doing without the instant replay. On the radio they talk about the game. On TV, they talk about the replay.

11-1 for the Cowboys!

Romo had a great game, with four TD passes (and 1 INT in the end zone that was T.O.'s fault, not Romo's). Other than that one play, T.O. had a great game too. The defense picked off Favre twice, and was in his face up until his injury. For some reason they backed off and played soft when Rogers took over. I think they should have applied more pressure, because Rogers did a fine job dinking and dunking and putting the Pack back into the game. He may turn into a good QB after all.

I don't know if the Cowboys are as good as the Patriots (but who is right now?), but I think they may be as good or better than anyone else in the league. I think they can compete with the Pats.

For some reason they backed off and played soft when Rogers took over. I think they should have applied more pressure, because Rogers did a fine job dinking and dunking and putting the Pack back into the game. He may turn into a good QB after all.

I agree! Ironically, this game reminded me of the game last year when Bledsoe was pulled out of the game and replaced by Tony Romo. I think this Rogers kid is gonna be one to watch!

I thought it was an ugly game, but hey, a win's a win's a win. Still, that defense still needs some serious work. No way they should've let the backup QB bring his team back into the game after the Cows had completely dominated that first half.

But we'll still win! :P

IF the Boys make it to the Super Bowl (and last night's second half didn't exactly inspire any confidence), we can expect a New England blowout along the lines of the Cows 52-17 drubbing of the Bills in Super Bowl XXVII.

Edited by Big Al

But we'll still win! :P

IF the Boys make it to the Super Bowl (and last night's second half didn't exactly inspire any confidence), we can expect a New England blowout along the lines of the Cows 52-17 drubbing of the Bills in Super Bowl XXVII.

I dunno. The Cowboys were ahead in the middle of the 3rd quarter vs. the Patriots. The Pats got a couple of late TD's to ice the game, but they didn't (IMO) blow the Cowboys out of the water at all. That score (48-27) wasn't really indicative of the game. IF the Cowboys play their "A" game, mistake-free, I think they've got a chance. That's an IF, but it's certainly possible.

Regarding the Cowboys' play after Aaron Rodgers went in, I think the Cowboys coaches made a philosophical mistake in not continuing to attack the QB. I guess they thought they'd play soft and expect him to make mistakes, being unprepared. Turned out to be the wrong decision though. Had they continued the pressure, I think the game would have been more one-sided.

Well, I've got the NFL Network, so I can give you guys some updates. ;) Of course it means that I have to listen to Bryant Gumbel. :bad:

Thank God, i live in Canada, could watch it on the regular sport network TSN.

By the way, was not impressed by both defenses yesterday. Whatever happened to the times where teams with strong defenses ruled the NFL.

Thank God, i live in Canada, could watch it on the regular sport network TSN.

By the way, was not impressed by both defenses yesterday. Whatever happened to the times where teams with strong defenses ruled the NFL.

The Ravens and Bucs won Super Bowls with dominant defenses and the Bears made it the Super Bowl with one, all in this decade.

Yeah, that was an unbelievable blunder by Gibbs.

Funny, but sometimes you have to wonder how well-schooled some "name" coaches are with respect to certain fine points of rules/strategy. For instance, the great Bill Parcells frequently made bone-headed decisions about two-point conversions.

The Bills deserved it; Lindell had followed through and kicked the 51-yarder right after Gibbs made the first "ice" call, and it split the uprights...

Yeah, that was an unbelievable blunder by Gibbs.

Funny, but sometimes you have to wonder how well-schooled some "name" coaches are with respect to certain fine points of rules/strategy. For instance, the great Bill Parcells frequently made bone-headed decisions about two-point conversions.

The Bills deserved it; Lindell had followed through and kicked the 51-yarder right after Gibbs made the first "ice" call, and it split the uprights...

I'm not all that crazy about this current method of icing kickers, even though it's completely legal. I was actually kind of glad to see it backfire for once.

Edit: ......although today of all days I wouldn't have wished anything bad for the 'Skins.

Edited by Free For All