Personal Messages

Jazzmoose

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried to post in a thread. The first time reulted in an "unable to send e-mail" message, so I backed up and hit the post button again, thinking that perhaps I had misclicled the first time. Lo and BEhold, I was faced with a double post, one of which I've since deleted. Have no idea if this is related to the PM issue, but I've clicked the post button here often enough to pretty much know where it is ; ) , so when I got that e-mail thing, I was all like :rfr:rfr:rfr

I just tried to post in a thread. The first time reulted in an "unable to send e-mail" message, so I backed up and hit the post button again, thinking that perhaps I had misclicled the first time. Lo and BEhold, I was faced with a double post, one of which I've since deleted. Have no idea if this is related to the PM issue, but I've clicked the post button here often enough to pretty much know where it is ; ) , so when I got that e-mail thing, I was all like :rfr:rfr:rfr

I just had the same thing happen to me as Jim and others have described, complete with the double post after I hit the 'back' button, and resubmitted my post.

~NOTE TO USERS~

If when POSTING a new topic or using the PM SYSTEM, and you get the problems with the mail or another mail related failure, please do not repost/resend, most of the time the original post/PM went through the first time without a confirmation screen. B3-er and I know about this and will have it repaired in no time.

Hey, Jazzmoose--I got all four of your PM's! :P

And, probably doing the same thing, Conn5000 will have about 5-10 identical PM's from me!!! :excited:

Peter J

Yeah, Pete, they are poring in hot and heavy! :g

Tried to email you back but the system shows error. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you like the cd and everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Use,

Here's the error message that comes up when I try to send PMs.

Mail Error!

SMTP protocol failure!

Host: localhost

Return Code:

Return Msg:

Invision Power Board Error: Could not open a socket to the SMTP server

Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel

Apparently messages are getting through, though I haven't seen a single e-mail notification all morning, and I got four duplicate messages from one member alone!