Where's Christiern?

Big Al

Scott's full post (now edited) said: "They usually don't. Which is why I don't show up in them (the music forums here) very often.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said. You want o prop Chris up as an important figure in Jazz, which he is. But he rarely discusses it anymore. He used to quite a bit years ago, but all but stopped since then.

Then he runs away from here because I show up?

I think the whole goddamn thing is just silly."

So do I. Let's trade you for CA. Please.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Chuck, I enjoy posting here. And I enjoy the discourse that most here engage in. I appreciate a variety of views, especially when they are counter to my own. You don't learn anything by talking to people who agree with everything you do.

And it is so noted that you don't want me here. Again, and again, and again,...............you try to make that point at least three or four times a week.

I have done nothing to warrant these petty attacks, and I'm going to try my best to no longer rise to your childish bait.

If I am that detrimental to your psychological well-being, then simply ignore my posts, or lobby Jim to boot me from the site.

So do I. Let's trade you for CA. Please.

Yes, please!

CA is obviously looking for a new home. Waste of time. This is his place!

Yes, this is indeed his place. But it's by his choice that he doesn't post here anymore. And for reasons that are, imo, petty. So fuck him. He's welcome here, as is Scott.

Ironically, I'm much closer, politically, to CA than SD, but I've found the non-jazz discussions with Scott much less bitter and rancorous than many of those that Chris participated in.

Frankly, as a liberal, I'm often disgusted by how some of you idolize some and vilify others simply because their political ideals differ from one's own. One of the great things about this forum is the openness and diversity of opinion that Jim allows here. And yet many of you would wish to quash that diversity by driving away anyone who doesn't agree with you. Astoundingly dumb.

Frankly, as a liberal, I'm often disgusted by how some of you idolize some and vilify others simply because their political ideals differ from one's own. One of the great things about this forum is the openness and diversity of opinion that Jim allows here. And yet many of you would wish to quash that diversity by driving away anyone who doesn't agree with you. Astoundingly dumb.

Well put, Ray! :tup

I wouldn't call myself a liberal on the whole, but I certainly am a liberal with regard to the general attitude towards posting on this forum - totally agree with you here, Ray.

Some tolerance, please!