Where's Christiern?

Big Al

Its amazing to look at the politics forum at AAJ. The entire thing is NYT op-eds. Most of which arent that insightful anyways. I would take news articles and book over Op-Eds everyday of the week. I never understood why Chris was so enamored of them.

Chris posted these NYT op-eds as a public service to members who did not have full access to those editorials!

Great, where can I upload my Organissimo recordings as a public service for the people who dont have full acces to them?

Excellent EXCELLENT point! :tup

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying into junk science to validate my own opinions doesn't exactly preclude me from being level-headed and logical.

Buying, overnight, into a number 6 times greater than the one you had believed in the day before doesn't seem very logical, IMO. Possibly bordering on hysteria.

Point proven. Thanks, Scott!

:lol:

You are fun to joust with, I'll give you that!

Chris posted these NYT op-eds as a public service to members who did not have full access to those editorials!

Great, where can I upload my Organissimo recordings as a public service for the people who dont have full acces to them?

Excellent EXCELLENT point! :tup

Sorry, I don't think this is comparable. The negative effect to the NY Times of the Chris posting the articles is very small.

Guy

Agreed.

If everyone agreed with you what the hell would you learn?

Might as well be a Hannity fan.

Yeah, or Dan Carlin

Might want to check his site. He and I disagree all the time.

Matter of fact, we have already disagreed about something today.

But hey, at least you've partially done your homework. Nice!! :tup

Yeah, I was just foolin' with you man, I like Dan a lot. I was just wondering could there be two Scott Dolans?

Peace Partner

:tup right back at ya

Agreed.

Yeah, or Dan Carlin

Yeah, I was just foolin' with you man, I like Dan a lot. I was just wondering could there be two Scott Dolans?

Peace Partner

Do you post there?

Agreed.

Yeah, or Dan Carlin

Peace Partner

Do you post there?

No, but I do listen to and enjoy Dan’s podcasts. When I talk politics my blood pressure goes through the ceiling. I’d rather talk about music theory..

• 2 months later...

Chris Albertson has just started posting at Steve Hoffman's Forum.

Hah. Wait until he finds out they don't allow ANY politics over there!

what else does he talk about? :rolleyes:

Too "smart ass" times 2 Greg. Chris is an important person in jazz history. Leave "politics" for a minute and give him credit for his musical works. Music is the reason for this forum.

Too "smart ass" times 2 Greg. Chris is an important person in jazz history. Leave "politics" for a minute and give him credit for his musical works. Music is the reason for this forum.

Too true - I wish he were back here for what he can contribute on that score (not that I don't like his politics, y'know).

MG

It is?? Then why do we have a political section?

Please. I've given him credit many, many times for his past, his knowledge, his achievements, etc. I've valued his comments, pictures, reviews.

You've never made a sarcastic comment here??

It is?? Then why do we have a political section?

Please. I've given him credit many, many times for his past, his knowledge, his achievements, etc. I've valued his comments, pictures, reviews.

You've never made a sarcastic comment here??

This is not in the political forum, which was the basis for your post.

I'm sarcastic, political, caustic, an asshole, etc. No question.

I miss CA.

I actually won't mind meeting Chris over on those SH forums. Some of his more obvious methods of dissing people, like intentionally mangling their name, wouldn't be allowed over there.

It is good to hear Chris talk about his experiences as a Riverside employee and not about his animosity towards... well... many people. I hope he sticks around there even though politics is verbotim.

Chris is an important person in jazz history. Leave "politics" for a minute and give him credit for his musical works.

Of course Chris is an important figure in Jazz. Nobody is trying to deny that.

But he no longer talks about Jazz. He rarely did it on JC, and if you take a quick trip over to AAJ you'll see the entire front page of the Current Events section filled with nothing but NYT op-ed pieces.

Chris is an important person in jazz history. Leave "politics" for a minute and give him credit for his musical works.

Of course Chris is an important figure in Jazz. Nobody is trying to deny that.

But he no longer talks about Jazz. He rarely did it on JC, and if you take a quick trip over to AAJ you'll see the entire front page of the Current Events section filled with nothing but NYT op-ed pieces.

So, why should anyone pay attention to your posts on a "music forum"?