can u tell chewy about int'l airfare to europe

so ive come to realize the main obstacle of gettin chewy 2 europe is not the passport, nor even obtaining the genesis ticket- the problem is getting the airfare. ive checked expedia travelocity, etc,,,cheapest i can find it for is around 1200, 1,300-- this is despite what city i fly to....i tried paris, lyon, belgium, finland, amsterdam. the amsterdam show is standing room only which makes that priority #1, a few others are too, i think lyon, but not the ones in england.

anyways i have never been to europe and really look at is as being physically impossible- i would need to exachange my american money, as well as find a quick place to stay etc, but all that stuff doesnt bother me as much as fiding CHEAP AIRFARE> there are these student travel places im going to check out, but i CANT spend even a grand on airfare- thats about the whole budject alltogether for this thing- i HAVE to find a cheaper way-- is it possible? have any of you gone to europe for under 500? maybe 6?

is it actually possible to legally hitch rides on mail planes for extra cheap prices? id be all over that. the sign @ the student travel place say its only 393 to go to rome, but im sketched about the rome date cause its free and for 300,000 fans- it will be a madhouse trying to get in the front row. but if i have a ticket for gen admission, to say, the football stadium in amsterdam, i can ensure ill be right in front of phil

When is the Genesis tour? If its in the late winter/early spring months, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a round trip ticket from the West Coast for $500-$600 if you sign up for special promotion alerts from the airlines. If its in the summer, that's another story. No way you'll pay less than a grand.

konzertorte22.jpg

2007/06/11 Helsinki Olympic Stadium Finland

2007/06/14 Herning Messecenter Denmark

2007/06/15 Hamburg AOL-Arena sold out Germany

2007/06/17 Bern Stade de Suisse Switzerland

2007/06/18 Linz * Gugl Stadium Austria

2007/06/20 Budapest Puskas Ferenc Stadium Hungary

2007/06/21 Katowice Slaski Stadium Poland

2007/06/23 Hannover AWD-Arena sold out Germany

2007/06/24 Brussels Stade Roi Baudouin NEW Belgium

2007/06/26 Düsseldorf * LTU-Arena sold out Germany

2007/06/27 Düsseldorf * LTU-Arena Germany

2007/06/29 Stuttgart Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion sold out Germany

2007/06/30 Paris Parc des Princes France

2007/07/01 Amsterdam Arena sold out Holland

2007/07/03 Berlin Olympic Stadium Germany

2007/07/04 Leipzig Zentralstadion sold out Germany

2007/07/05 Frankfurt * Commerzbank-Arena sold out Germany

2007/07/07 Manchester Old Trafford sold out UK

2007/07/08 London Twickenham Stadium sold out UK

2007/07/10 Munich * Olympic Stadium Germany

2007/07/12 Monaco Louis II Stadium Monaco cancelled

2007/07/12 Lyon Gerland Stadium France

2007/07/14 Rome Colosseum Italy free entry

* VIP Tickets available

:g

Edited by neveronfriday

is it actually possible to legally hitch rides on mail planes for extra cheap prices? id be all over that. the sign @ the student travel place say its only 393 to go to rome, but im sketched about the rome date cause its free and for 300,000 fans- it will be a madhouse trying to get in the front row. but if i have a ticket for gen admission, to say, the football stadium in amsterdam, i can ensure ill be right in front of phil

Don't worry about WHERE you get off the effin' plane, Chewy, so long as it's in Europe, you can get a cheap flight to wherever you want to - or a train. So, if Rome is the cheapest, get that and then go where you're going.

MG

So Monaco's been cancelled :blink:

Good thing for chewy. The city is horribly expensive and the cops there are wild. And they don't waste time messing around with people of chewy's caliber. They take them to the local precinct before expelling them to neighboring France, the land of Freedom!

Edited by brownie

I just bought a ticket RT from LA to Amsterdam for about $650. It was $499 plus taxes & fees. Did it through the American Airlines site directly - better fares than show up on Expedia & Travelocity.

Amsterdam is never that expensive, if you are buying a decent amount ahead of time. $1200? No way.

Edited by Adam

Originally, this tour was going to reunite "Genesis", as in "Genesis with Peter Gabriel". If that had happened, I'd be there, come hell or high water. But the "Then They Were Three" Genesis?? They toured like 8-fucking-trillion days during the 80's & 90's. Why spend big bucks to see them? Use your money and pre-order the new multi-channel SACDs (and a cheap, as in less than $200 - think Oppo Digital DV-970HD, SACD player) and enjoy their music ad infinitum.

BTW, if you decide to go the SACD route, buy the box set. It has an additional SACD of extras, including the elusive "Me & Virgil".

These SACDs are going to break my CD budget for a few months. Gotta buy them from Japan. 5 discs for over $100... gah! But for a Genesis fan, it's a must.

Kevin

Originally, this tour was going to reunite "Genesis", as in "Genesis with Peter Gabriel". If that had happened, I'd be there, come hell or high water. But the "Then They Were Three" Genesis?? They toured like 8-fucking-trillion days during the 80's & 90's. Why spend big bucks to see them? Use your money and pre-order the new multi-channel SACDs (and a cheap, as in less than $200 - think Oppo Digital DV-970HD, SACD player) and enjoy their music ad infinitum.

BTW, if you decide to go the SACD route, buy the box set. It has an additional SACD of extras, including the elusive "Me & Virgil".

These SACDs are going to break my CD budget for a few months. Gotta buy them from Japan. 5 discs for over $100... gah! But for a Genesis fan, it's a must.

Kevin

Holy moly, the pre-order price on these SACD/DVDs are freekin' $43.75 :angry::tdown . Crap! And all I want are the SACDs, I could care less about the DVDs since I only have a laptop to play them on.

Holy moly, the pre-order price on these SACD/DVDs are freekin' $43.75 :angry::tdown . Crap! And all I want are the SACDs, I could care less about the DVDs since I only have a laptop to play them on.

Wait for www.cdwow.com They will have the Japanese versions for way less than that, and yeah, I agree, screw $43.75 each!! hmv.co.jp alread has the box (at pre-order) for around $100 but wait. As the release nears, the prices drop like crazy. Be aware that the Japanese set is the only place to get NTSC (US standard) DVD video discs. The EU sets will have PAL DVD video discs. It makes no matter to me as I am only interested in the SACDs anyway, but even less matter - my Denon player will convert PAL to NTSC. :)

Kevin

Kevin

I'd also stay home for Genesis without Peter Gabriel, but you how Chewy is about Phil Collins... :wub: But, If they come to Seattle or Portland, I'd probably give it a shot.

Genesis SACD/DVDs for preorder at music direct. First 5 for $175.

GENESIS PREORDER

Yeah, but if you buy them separately, and not in the box, you miss the extras disc. Besides, $175 is still way too much.

Prices are a joke in general for this stuff, and I'm not interested enough at this point to buy any of them. Just thought I'd post that as an option for those who are. Phil's divorce must have been real nasty! ;)