great baseball names

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75gamble.jpg

didn't he room with pete rose on the road??

:lol:

Speaking of Pete Rose, when did he finally come clean? Caught him on Leno last night and he was openly talking about betting on the Reds (whom he was managing) to win.

Couple of week ago. He declared that he bet on his team to win every single day, so how bad was it? He loved his team and believed they would win. Unfortunately, that is contradicted by the findings of Mr. Dowd, who figured out (and apparently proved to the satisfaction of MLB) that there were two starters that he never bet on. I guess its good that he didn't actually bet them to lose on those games, but its certainly a signal to the betting community when your manager won't bet on his team when those two guys pitch.

So, Rose still has a deep problem with telling the truth, if Dowd's findings are to be believed. Its really gotten beyond pathetic, Rose's attempts to rehabilitate himself. He simply has no clue anymore that boat has sailed. And ironically, it all started when he gave the interviews and released the book declaring that he did bet, timed to coincide with the HoF announcements. He went from maybe having a shot at reinstatement to being persona non grata again, and this latest effort isn't doing anything to change that.

So, Rose still has a deep problem with telling the truth...

Yet, he had no trouble hitting singles. It's a bummer he's such a sleaze. Him breaking the all-time hits record was one of my big childhood baseball memories, as I had a distant relative playing on the Reds at the time so my family was watching all their games.

How could we forget...

1972_Spinks_Scipio.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scipio_Spinks

Scipio Spinks (born July 12, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois) was a right handed pitcher in Major League Baseball for the Houston Astros and St. Louis Cardinals between 1969 and 1973. He had an overall Earned Run Average of 3.70. The last time he played in the major leagues was against the Chicago Cubs when he was tagged out at the plate on an attempt to score from second base.

Indeed.