Max Roach, Miles Davis Mosaics running low

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet you call mosaic and tell them that they sent you 2 sets

they'd give you a small credit ($20 or so) or gift certificate and pay for the shipping back

:ph34r:

Amazing how they would do that when it had clearly stated on the page that a Last Chance item is strictly limited to one item. Must have been a data entry keying error. People make mistakes.

So if you're scrupulous, there'll one more available from Mosaic; and if you're not, there'll be one more available on Ebay.

they acknowledged the mistake and are sending me a postage paid return label. i have two customer numbers, one with my office address and one with my home address. i account the error to that.

So if you're scrupulous, there'll one more available from Mosaic; and if you're not, there'll be one more available on Ebay.

they acknowledged the mistake and are sending me a postage paid return label. i have two customer numbers, one with my office address and one with my home address. i account the error to that.

Did they send one to each address? If they did, it might be something to consider--keeping a set at each place. :P

that's exactly what they did.

i opened, and was enjoying, #2913 when the second package showed up at home. initially, i thought someone in my family was nice enough to send me a set for my birthday. obviously, the enclosed invoices crashed my short lived hope.

Did they send one to each address? If they did, it might be something to consider--keeping a set at each place.

worst is the package was bumped around quite a bit (by or after customs - I've never seen a package that went through directly that looked like this!) and one corner of the Roach box is a bit damaged (just "angestossen" - I won't bother Mosaic about sending me a replacement because of that). Anyway, as I got this for listening pleasure, not for making money out of it later, I'm happy I finally got it!

• 1 month later...

I've been really enjoying my recent consumption of this set. Even though I had most of the music elsewhere, it is nice to have it packaged up like this. I also really like booklet. This strikes me as a glowing example of what liner notes and Mosaic booklets should be: an intelligent discussion of the music and its context that actually helps you hear and notice what you might otherwise not have.

I'm glad I took the plunge. :)