Paris Hilton Goin' To The Big House

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris Hilton won't appeal the 45-day jail term she was sentenced to earlier this month for violating probation, according to court documents filed Thursday. A lawyer for the 26-year-old socialite notified Los Angeles Count Superior Court that she is abandoning her appeal, said court spokeswoman Katherine Roberts.

I think that's commendable. Maybe she's owning up to responsibility.

I take that back.

Speculation: Although I wouldn't be surprised but that she was willing to the time but that the family/mother didn't want the family name disgraced anymore.

I bet somebody or organization has got a great big chit they can cash in sometime.

Edited by MoGrubb

I'm not so sure I'd look for a payoff or other conspiracy in this. The press - and by press I mostly mean tabloids - are gonna dig deep into this one for any improprieties.

Perhaps not entirely legit, but there was a lot of talk about Paris getting a much tougher sentence than most receive for such violations. Maybe not sentence itself but jail time. The jails are supposedly so overcrowded here in L.A. that most nonviolent felons with less than a 60 day sentence are processed and kicked almost immediately.

Either way, it doesn't look good.

:bad: Is Paris Hilton still supposed to play Mother Teresa in a movie? If she couldn't handle 23 days in prison....somehow I don't see her able to withstand a long shoot in Calcutta. Plus, she'd have to wear the same outfit day after day....poor dear child.

I read somewhere that the medical condition in question was a major flare-up of herpes.

I don't know why that would necessitate getting out of jail after five days, but hey, whatever works, right?

I think the herpes story is just BS circulating on the internet.

Edited by catesta

man, wouldn't it be sweet if somehow Paris would have to go back to prison??? A man can dream, can't he???

L.A. City Attorney "Extremely Troubled" by Paris Decision

Posted Jun 7th 2007 4:48PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice

Another official is blasting the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department over the decision to reassign Paris Hilton to house arrest.

In a statement to TMZ, Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo said:

"Today I was extremely troubled to learn that the Sheriff's Department has decided to release Ms. Hilton from custody just three days after she was admitted to county jail.

My office was not advised of this action. We learned of it this morning through news reports, just like everyone else. Had we been provided with the proper notification, we would have opposed the decision on legal grounds.

News reports indicate that the Sheriff's Department released Ms. Hilton to house arrest due to a medical condition. This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates.

I am also concerned that the judicial process may have been improperly circumvented in this case. Ms. Hilton was incarcerated as a condition of her probation. As a result, the judge retained jurisdiction over her case and only the judge has the power to modify these conditions of probation. If Ms. Hilton's medical condition truly warranted a change in her circumstances, what should have happened is the following: Ms. Hilton's legal counsel should have filed an emergency application with the court and provided my office with the opportunity to respond, and then the court could have held a hearing on the matter to consider whether there was sufficient justification to change the terms of his original order. I have directed my criminal branch to immediately explore all possible legal options to ensure that the law is being applied equally and justly in this case.

If law enforcement officials are to enjoy the respect of those we are charged with protecting, we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment. We must ensure that in our city, in our nation, and under our Constitution, justice remains blind."

Comments [449]SHARE IT: Digg it | Del.icio.us | My Yahoo | Permalink | EmailIf You're Pissed Over Paris, Don't Blame the Judge!

Posted Jun 7th 2007 4:32PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton

The decision to move Paris Hilton to house arrest was made entirely by the L.A. Sheriff's Department.

TMZ has confirmed that Judge Michael T. Sauer was informed of the Sheriff's decision before Hilton was reassigned to house arrest, but the Judge only responded by reaffirming the terms he imposed on May 4.

We spoke to Allan Parachini, Public Information Officer for the Los Angeles County Courts, who advises that "All decisions on incarceration are made by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department once a sentence is imposed."

So don't tell it to the judge.

UPDATE: Allan Parchini addressed the media outside of a Los Angeles County Courthouse regarding Paris Hilton's early release today, and reiterated that the court did not sanction the early release of Miss Hilton. He added that the Sheriff's Department contacted Judge Sauer on June 6 and asked him to change his sentence to allow electronic monitoring for Hilton. He declined, sticking by his original sentence, which clearly nixed that type of punishment.

http://www.tmz.com/

This is the first time I've ever clicked on this thread (and I'm not reading the thread either), but I had to come here (or somewhere) to say -- is it really fucking necessary for CNN to have this in big "BREAKING NEWS" red letters at the top of their site?????

breaking_news.gif

A judge orders Paris Hilton back to jail, CNN confirms. She was taken from court screaming, The Associated Press reports.

Why in the world would this be news?? - or at least of the variety that would merit some huge-ass "BREAKING NEWS!!!" type announcement.

:angry:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

This is the first time I've ever clicked on this thread (and I'm not reading the thread either), but I had to come here (or somewhere) to say -- is it really fucking necessary for CNN to have this in big "BREAKING NEWS" red letters at the top of their site?????

breaking_news.gif

A judge orders Paris Hilton back to jail, CNN confirms. She was taken from court screaming, The Associated Press reports.

Why in the world would this be news?? - or at least of the variety that would merit some huge-ass "BREAKING NEWS!!!" type announcement.

Believe me, there is an enormous number of people in this country and around the world who believe it is news.

breaking_news.gif

Last night while I was trying to watch "Honeymoon in Vegas" they kept cutting to break in the middle of a scene and having Fuckface Seacrest doing news updates. I had to turn the channel 20 minutes into the movie.

breaking_news.gif

Believe me, there is an enormous number of people in this country and around the world who believe it is news.

Well, it is news, not important news, but it is news.

Unfortunately it will now be in the news for the next 45 days.

The L.A. County Sheriff turned this into a much larger circus when he cut her loose.